“Lovely birthday meal”

Koh Thai Tapas Boscombe
Ranked #51 of 756 Restaurants in Bournemouth
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: At award-winning Koh Thai, you'll discover the very best in Thai cuisine - Tapas style! Our highly talented chefs are proud to offer you a large variety of dishes. Whether an authentic Thai green curry be to your liking, or Thai fishcakes be your choice...perhaps a spicy duck salad or even our fusion of steamed mussels with sweet basil and chilli. There's undoubtably something on our menu to suit everyone's tastes. If you're already a Thai food lover, you'll find that Koh will quickly become your second home.
Bournemouth
“Lovely birthday meal”
Reviewed May 17, 2013

This was the second time I had been to koh Thai in boscombe. We went for a friends 30th birthday and had another fabulous meal.
The restaurant has two rooms, one with the bar in where there is quite often a live musician and one at the back that I believe you can hire for large parties. We were out the back as there were 8 of us. We had the sharing menu (best thing to do there in My opinion) and they bring out little plates of starters and mains "tapas" style. You can choose your price range and we went for mid price, I think at about £20 a head (it might of been £22!) you can also choose how hot you want the menu (we went for medium, but if you don't like spice then go for mild as medium was definitely hot enough for most of us and even a little too hot for a couple)
The food is beautifully presented and tastes amazing, especially the dim sum, the deep fried squid (which we asked for especially as it had looked good on someone else's plate!) and the prawns. For the mains, both curries we had were gorgeous, and the duck was sensational, word of warning.... The veg platter is hot! We rounded off with cooling sorbets and delicious cocktails.
The service is great, chilled out and unintrusive, they also didn't bat an eye at our balloons and happy birthday glitter on the table (although they might of cursed us when they had to clear it up after!)
I would thoroughly recommend this to anyone, and despite its location (on the corner of the crescent) which might put some people off, I personally think its nicer than the one in bournemouth town centre, and will be going back again and again.

London, United Kingdom
“Great food, good prices, nice bar and very friendly service”
Reviewed May 16, 2013 via mobile

Took my team here and we had the £25 a head gourmet menu. They decide what you eat but with some guidance from the table. The food was delicious and way too much. It was superb food with great flavours, muscles in bacon and the green and red curries were particular favourites. Service was good and all ten of us had a great meal!

Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“Faultless”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Absolutly fualtless restuarant when I went with two friends the other day. The food was amazing and the service was attentive andsecond to none really. Highly recommened and will definitly be going again.

Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“The perfect birthday meal!”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

We went to Koh Thai Tapas for my birthday in May 2013. Despite living in Boscombe since it opened I'd never got round to going before and I'm kicking myself I didn't! The food was amazing, the service was really good and the cocktails were lush and didn't rely on the standard cocktail recipes you see in a lot of places.

We shared thai tapas dishes to start and had sweetcorn fritters, chicken satay, 24 hour ribs and vegetable tempura. They were all really yummy with a nice blend of spices and flavours in each dish - nothing was too hot for me either which was a bonus! I think my favourite was the chicken satay which was really flavourful and juicy with a lovely satay dip on the side.

For mains I had duck tamarind from the stir fry section of the menu. It came in a sweet and sour sauce but it was nothing like the kind of sweet and sour you get in a chinese - it was so much nicer with a more delicate flavour and was a lot less sticky and cloying than I expected. The duck came with fried vermicelli noodles and crispy seaweed which really complemented the duck and were also yummy. The one thing I will say is the plate was about the same size as the dish and there was no knife provided which made it quite hard to get the noodles on your fork and into your mouth without losing some off the plate! One of my friends had a chicken thai red curry with sticky rice which I tried a little bit of and it was tasty and full of flavour. My other friend had a tofu penang curry which I also tried (I'm a pain to go for dinner with) and that was amazing and really nice. I think next time I'll try the penang curry to be honest!

With dinner I had two cocktails - Good Morning Vietnam and Summer Daze. Both were really nice but my favourite was the Summer Daze which was really refreshing after a long day at work in the heat!

Our waitress was really nice and attentive, gave us plenty of time for choosing what we were eating and was always quick to offer us more drinks when we'd finished one and clear empty plates. The meal wasn't particularly expensive for the quality of food and the selection of dishes and drinks we had it was about £27 per head.

Overall I would highly recommend Koh Thai - it was the perfect dinner out for my birthday and the food was amazing! It was quite probably the best meal out I've had in Bournemouth. I'm seriously considering ordering take out from there this weekend!

1 Thank RosieRoo89
london
“everything you want in a thai restaurant”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

It was close to our hotel which is why we decided to try it out - for a late night dinner. It was very tasty - had the thai staples - dim sum and green chicken curry, unfortunately they forgot to give us our other main, but offered to 'give it on the house' we were already full up from the others so declined but the staff were very apologetic. However they then brought us the bill with no mention of a dessert menu, I would recommend the restaurant average priced, delicious food.