“A very pleasant stay in a delightful guesthouse”

Bed & Breakfast by the Beach
Ranked #1 of 134 Bournemouth B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 26, 2013

The guesthouse owners John and Chris were very warm and hospitable hosts as well as running the guesthouse in a professional manner. There is a very good choice of fruit for breakfast as well as some delicious smoothies. The coffee and tea were of good strength and taste. Refills were available. The cooked breakfasts, as well as being of good quality, were both generous and well presented. Lunches are best delayed after such a breakfast.

There were lots of nice touches that make the visitor welcome, such as access to a fridge with fresh milk supplied. Tea in the room is always nicer with fresh milk. Wine glasses and a cork screw/bottle opener were supplied in the room for a guest to bring a bottle in.

This was our first stay in the Bed & Breakfast by the Beach and both of us thoroughly enjoyed our stay there. As our grandchildren live in Bournemouth we look forward to many return visits to the guesthouse.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Chris G

Reviewed February 26, 2013

I can honestly stay we have never stayed in such a lovely B&B in every sense of the word, as previous reveiws have said, nothing was too much trouble the rooms & bathrooms were spotless & the breakfast was perfect, fried eggs & no 'fat' bath! (i am sure you know what we mean).John & Chris are the most welcoming hosts - we would have no hesitation in reccomending this establishment to everyone

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 11, 2013

We stayed at B&B by the Beach following a recommendation from friends. Already with high expectations we were delighted to find it was even better than we had imagined. John and Chris are the most warm and welcoming hosts - and are helpful whatever question you ask them. We could not fault any element of our stay with the rooms comfortable and clean with all the necessary extras. The breakfast was simply 'out of this world' and would grace any 5* establishment! Absolutely fantastic value for money and would not hesitate to book again very soon.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 2, 2013

Definitely the best B&B in Bournemouth! I’ve been working down in Bournemouth for the past 8 months and have stayed in a fair few B&B’s/Hotels and I have to say Bed and Breakfast by the Beach is by far the best. As a single lady travelling on my own I feel completely safe here, John and Chris have made me feel most welcome and nothing is too much trouble. The breakfast is outstanding and the rooms are tastefully decorated with all the amenities you would expect in a 4+ hotel.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank purplewolf0
Reviewed December 11, 2012

A wonderful B&B.John and Chris were superb hosts.I would be surprised and disappointed if anyone stayed in such an enjoyable atmosphere and had any complaints,
I will have no hesitation in making a future reservation should the opportunity arise which I do hope it will.
The breakfasts were a highlight of the stay ,the choice and quality was second to none
I parked the car on arrival and never used it again until my departure.The public transport service was excellent.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Victor2905
Reviewed November 30, 2012

I decided on the spur of the moment to take my rather over worked daughter to the coast for a bit of R & R, and was originally going to choose Brighton as it was nearer to London. However, because of their idiotic minimum two nights policy I opted for Bournemouth instead, and through Trip Advisor came across this little gem.

From the moment we arrived, we were made to feel extremely welcome by both John and Chris, and it was obvious from their open friendly manner that nothing was too much trouble. The bedroom was bright and clean, the beds really comfortable, the bathroom spotless with waffle dressing gowns available plus toiletries. There was a tray of generous tea and coffee making facilities with a good selection of teas, two types of bottled water and a fridge in the main hall to store any drink we had bought for our personal use. Although we had a room facing the road, because of its location, we were never disturbed by traffic noise, and the house is perfectly situated for a good old yomp along the beach, which after their wonderful breakfast, you will certainly need.

The breakfast was an absolute delight, and as good as any five star hotel. It is served in their conservatory looking out over the garden, and it is a lovely bright sunny room. On offer were delicious home made smoothies, fruit compotes, cereals, yogurts, and not just a choice of English breakfast, but other "specials of the day" like smoked salmon and scrambled egg. Everything was perfectly cooked.

All in all, I couldn't fault this place, and am at a loss to see how anybody could give it less than five stars. I will definitely be back.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank teresa s
Reviewed November 25, 2012

Staying here for two weeks I could not have wished for anything more...

I would like to firstly say THANK YOU again to John and Chris who made my stay in Southbourne a very enjoyable one. You both made a very stressful time one that I enjoyed with your great hospitality and kindness. You are both an asset to the Bed and Breakfast business and your attention to detail sets this Bed and Breakfast apart from the rest within the area.

I was immediately made to feel at home and welcomed to the Bed and Breakfast by two wonderful people. I stayed in room 2 which was presented beautifully and was very homely. The bed was very comfortable and the attention to detail with bottles of water, biscuits and an extensive selection of teas, coffees and hot chocolates made it feel even more homely all of which replenished daily.

Accommodating my earlier start to the day John and Chris had no problem in meeting my needs and at breakfast there were a variety of breakfast cereals, granola and fruit on offer as the starter breakfast. Fresh smoothies every morning and a choice of cooked breakfasts meant that breakfast was never a dull start to the day!

I got to know John and Chris well and they took great interest in me and made me feel like a friend staying with them rather than a customer. Customer service and hospitality at this level is very rare and contributes to why this Bed and Breakfast is one that is first class.

Thank you again for a very memorable stay, I would recommend Bed and Breakfast by the beach to anyone you will not be disappointed!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Christine G, Owner at Bed & Breakfast by the Beach, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review. John and I wish you every success in your chosen career .