“A top quality B&B in the Bournemouth area”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bournemouth
Bed & Breakfast by the Beach
Ranked #1 of 132 Bournemouth B&B and Inns
Leicester England
“A top quality B&B in the Bournemouth area”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

A wonderful B&B.John and Chris were superb hosts.I would be surprised and disappointed if anyone stayed in such an enjoyable atmosphere and had any complaints,
I will have no hesitation in making a future reservation should the opportunity arise which I do hope it will.
The breakfasts were a highlight of the stay ,the choice and quality was second to none
I parked the car on arrival and never used it again until my departure.The public transport service was excellent.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Victor2905

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
Warwickshire
Reviewed November 30, 2012

I decided on the spur of the moment to take my rather over worked daughter to the coast for a bit of R & R, and was originally going to choose Brighton as it was nearer to London. However, because of their idiotic minimum two nights policy I opted for Bournemouth instead, and through Trip Advisor came across this little gem.

From the moment we arrived, we were made to feel extremely welcome by both John and Chris, and it was obvious from their open friendly manner that nothing was too much trouble. The bedroom was bright and clean, the beds really comfortable, the bathroom spotless with waffle dressing gowns available plus toiletries. There was a tray of generous tea and coffee making facilities with a good selection of teas, two types of bottled water and a fridge in the main hall to store any drink we had bought for our personal use. Although we had a room facing the road, because of its location, we were never disturbed by traffic noise, and the house is perfectly situated for a good old yomp along the beach, which after their wonderful breakfast, you will certainly need.

The breakfast was an absolute delight, and as good as any five star hotel. It is served in their conservatory looking out over the garden, and it is a lovely bright sunny room. On offer were delicious home made smoothies, fruit compotes, cereals, yogurts, and not just a choice of English breakfast, but other "specials of the day" like smoked salmon and scrambled egg. Everything was perfectly cooked.

All in all, I couldn't fault this place, and am at a loss to see how anybody could give it less than five stars. I will definitely be back.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank teresa s
Exeter, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 25, 2012

Staying here for two weeks I could not have wished for anything more...

I would like to firstly say THANK YOU again to John and Chris who made my stay in Southbourne a very enjoyable one. You both made a very stressful time one that I enjoyed with your great hospitality and kindness. You are both an asset to the Bed and Breakfast business and your attention to detail sets this Bed and Breakfast apart from the rest within the area.

I was immediately made to feel at home and welcomed to the Bed and Breakfast by two wonderful people. I stayed in room 2 which was presented beautifully and was very homely. The bed was very comfortable and the attention to detail with bottles of water, biscuits and an extensive selection of teas, coffees and hot chocolates made it feel even more homely all of which replenished daily.

Accommodating my earlier start to the day John and Chris had no problem in meeting my needs and at breakfast there were a variety of breakfast cereals, granola and fruit on offer as the starter breakfast. Fresh smoothies every morning and a choice of cooked breakfasts meant that breakfast was never a dull start to the day!

I got to know John and Chris well and they took great interest in me and made me feel like a friend staying with them rather than a customer. Customer service and hospitality at this level is very rare and contributes to why this Bed and Breakfast is one that is first class.

Thank you again for a very memorable stay, I would recommend Bed and Breakfast by the beach to anyone you will not be disappointed!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Christine G, Owner at Bed & Breakfast by the Beach, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review. John and I wish you every success in your chosen career .
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 8, 2012

Congratulations to John and Chris in creating the perfect b&b experience! It was a pleasure to meet them and they do everything possible to make your stay comfortable. My room was spotlessly clean, as was the bathroom, and there were lots of thoughtful inclusions. The area was quiet and the bed very comfortable. Breakfast is a real treat in the new dining room with a wide variety of delicious food on offer. I would not hesitate to stay here again and look forward to having the opportunity to do so.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank A N
Whitstable, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 3, 2012

We are used to Five Star Hotels with first class service and attention to detail and Chris and John at Bed and Breakfast by the Beach supply just that. The rooms are delightful and spotlessly clean with everything you may need supplied. In fact I have always travelled with my own toiletries etc but here there really is no need as everything Chris and John supply is top quality. The beds and pillows are so comfortable that I asked what they were so that I can purchase the same for our home.
For us the breakfast is "a dream" as there is an array of fresh fruit, cereals, cooked breakfast and lots of other speciality delights that just set you up for the day. We came away from our few days stay feeling throughly spoilt and how gorgeous is that? Our 14 year old thinks it is better than the Marriotts as there is hot chocolate in the room!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Cambridge
Reviewed October 27, 2012

My husband recently returned from a 3 night stay at Bed and Breakfast by the Sea. Wonderful hosts. Nothing is too much trouble. Their attention to detail is amazing. Everything you need is catered for. The rooms are beautifully decorated and very comfortable. The breakfast choice is excellent. We also ate at L'Assiette, located a few minutes away - great atmosphere and very good food. Would highly recommend this 1st class B&B and should we visit Dorset again, we would not hesitate to contact John and Chris

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
London
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Have stayed at this B&B 3 times now as love to visit Southbourne and surrounding areas. Fab bus service close by and a few minutes walk to beach area. Modern interior and well thought out rooms with everything you need - coffee/tea and other beverages, TV, plenty of drawer/cupboard space - comfy beds - good ensuite. Very clean and comfortable. Most of all owners John & Chris - lovely warm friendly owners who really care that you have a great stay. We have never experienced any problems but last time our shower was not working properly - advised them - next day they sorted it out and was perfect afterwards. Breakfasts wonderful - everything from fresh fruit, cereals, danish etc - then to top it off a fresh cooked breakfast - hardly need to eat for the rest of the day. Excellent value for money - going again December.

Room Tip: 4 rooms - all different - appropriate for number of people staying