“Not to be missed, excellent in every way.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bournemouth
Bed & Breakfast by the Beach
Ranked #1 of 132 Bournemouth B&B and Inns
UK
“Not to be missed, excellent in every way.”
Reviewed June 12, 2011

We were so glad that we stayed here, exceptional in every way,
Its clear that John & Chris have put there previous experience to good use.
Warm, friendly welcome, lovely decorated rooms with top quality en-suite shower.
Breakfast choice of cereals, fruits or cooked excellent, do try the eggs benedict, yummy.
Attention to detail to make you feel special, would highly recommend and revisit.
No contest regarding '4 in a bed' award it was well deserved.
Nice quiet location for good nights sleep, car parking on front or road but no problem.
Great restaurant few minutes walk away.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Stu47
Hayleybell9, Owner at Bed & Breakfast by the Beach, responded to this review, June 25, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We never ask our guests to write reviews so when they take the trouble to do so,we know they really enjoyed themselves. We loved meeting you and its good to get great feedback, as we both love running our B & B .

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
Surbiton, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 6, 2011

A very warm welcome from the lovely owners... Room was beautifully furnished and clean... Though we did not have the weather on our side, we still had a wonderful stay! Breakfast truly to die for - fresh fruit, smoothies, and the best eggs benedict I have ever tasted! Highly recommended for indulgents weekends by the sea.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank katieepsomuk
Larnaka City, Cyprus
Reviewed June 4, 2011

As confirmed expats for the last 35 years, we have gotten to stay at many B&B's when visiting England - from the very good down to the "OMG, I'm not staying here another night!" Having seen this one win '4 in a Bed' on channel 4 last year, our expectations were high before we arrived. Our expectations were far exceeded and over the 6 days we stayed there, we discussed where it would rank in all our B&B experiences and there was really no contest - it was simply the best. Our hosts, John & Chris were absolutely charming and everything was done to perfection, from the rooms to the breakfasts. The beds were so comfortable that I had difficulty getting my wife up in the morning. My only critisism was the weak electric shower in our en-suite, but this is a common fault in UK B&B's.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank 9Archangel
East Hertfordshire
Reviewed May 26, 2011

Chris & John were lovely hosts, very friendly & welcoming. It is a beautiful house, & tastefully decorated. Our room was clean, very comfy, with everything you could wish for. Bottled water, selection of tea, coffee etc. with fridge outside door for a jug of fresh milk. Dressing gowns were provided , plenty of mirrors in bedroom & bathroom, & flat screen TV. Breakfast was divine! Besides a choice of 4 different times, there was a great choice of friut, muesli etc. & a delicious cooked breakfast.
A five/ten min walk to the ferry took you to either Christchurch or Mudeford, not to be missed!The walk into Bournemouth itself was a bit long, but fine with comfy shoes.
Room 4 at the front has noise from bins on a Mon, but not too much of a prob as it is about 7.15 am.

Room Tip: Room 4 at the front has noise from bins on a Mon.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 21, 2011

I was staying in the area on business but left feeling as if I had been on holiday! I had a choice of room - both beautifully decorated. Peaceful sleep, comfortable room, everything I needed was there to hand.
Breakfast was the best I have ever had! Insist that John cooks his fried bread. Homemade marmalade and damson jam finished the whole experience.
I have already booked for next years conference and will be bringing my partner with me for a holiday.
If you are going to the area do not miss this gem.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
5 Thank jackieandgrace
Bath, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 7, 2011

Came to B&BbytheB with my Mother for a 3 day break over the bank holiday weekend. When we arrived John and Chris (owners) were having a Royal Garden Party, to which we were welcomed. Most surprising and thoroughly enjoyable. Chris and John are the most hospitable hosts, nothing is too much trouble for them. Very professional yet with a personal and friendly touch ensured our stay was extra special.
My Mother had a beautiful King Sized room. Tastefully decorated, lots of lovely little touches (bath robes, quality biscuits, wine glasses, cork screw etc.,) Nice sized shower room en suite. My bedroom was next door (room 2) beautiful comfortable bed (more comfortable than my one at home!) Fantastic new shower. There is a fridge on the landing which has fresh milk for drinks and where you can store your wine!
There is a large selection of DVD's and books to borrow.
Breakfast! Breakfasts are as good if not better than most 4 or 5* hotels. Fresh fruit (raspberries, strawberries, pineapple, massive blueberries) homemade marmalade and damson jam, eggs Benedict, smoked salmon, full English, toast, croissants...gorgeous. Lovely bright breakfast area. Strong coffee, a range of teas. Perfect.
that instead of going to stay in my usual Mal Maison for my birthday, I could write quite a few pages about how good Bed and Breakfast by the beach is, however, the fact that instead of going to stay in my usual Mal Maison or other hotel for my birthday, I have booked to come back in July, with my husband. Can't wait!

Room Tip: All the rooms (4) are lovely
  • Stayed April 2011
2 Thank Allvox
Bath, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 25, 2011

My boyfriend and I stayed here for my birthday / Easter getaway and from the time we arrived to the time we left, we were made to feel like first class guests, John & Chris were friendly, welcoming and went out there way to make us feel comfortable. The room was superb with all the mod cons and special little touches. The beach was a 10 minute walk away and Bournemouth was a 20 minute bus journey away, everything was within easy reach. We will definitely be staying here again, highly recommended.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple