“Friendly staff. Food ok. What's with the silverskin onions?”

Alexanders Restaurant
Ranked #525 of 736 Restaurants in Bournemouth
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Description: The award winning and luxuriously decorated restaurant in The Queens Hotel can comfortably seat up to 220 guests, each one invited to savour and enjoy the imaginative menu. Many of the dishes use local fresh produce and are prepared superbly to the highest standards of quality by the Executive Chef, which are then all enhanced with a selection of hand-picked wines from around the world. Along with the highly commended and accommodating staff, the restaurant has won many awards, resulting in an enviable reputation for culinary excellence. The garden room, lounge and bar radiate a charming and relaxing ethos, accompanied by a splendid choice of wines, beers and spirits. This feeling can also entice people into the garden during bright days, where you can enjoy the sun and the delightful drinks of the bar.
Bromley, United Kingdom
“Friendly staff. Food ok. What's with the silverskin onions?”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2012

DINNER: Good service and friendly staff. Food was OK, but wouldn't rave about it. We had a fish mousse that was creamy, but lacked flavour. They seemed to have a Christmas turkey dinner on the menu, which was a little freaky for September, but seemed to be quite good. My fish dish was tasty and vegetables nicely al dente, but did not understand why there were silverskin onions in with them - highly unusual and didn't really work. Watercress used as garnish for a few dishes was very tasty.

I wasn't sure what the dessert was I had (sort of buffet affair), but it was creamy, fruity and tasted pretty good.

BREAKFAST: Good mix of cereals and cooked breakfast. Perfect eggs. But - with muesli, these days in other hotels I usually have seeds and nuts to add - seriously missing. Plus, bacon needs to be cooked for longer and the toasters - seriously, you have to send through twice to get a piece of decently toasted bread. And no danish. But again - fab staff.

• Visited September 2012
DanielMarshGM, General Manager at Alexanders Restaurant, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a comment about the Restaurant.

I have passed you kind comments about the service on to the team. I do not understand from reading your comments why you were not more favourable about your meal, as you found our offerings ‘tasty’, ‘good’ and ‘perfect’.

Please do not hesitate to contact me should you wish to discuss any of this.

brixworth
“Back in time!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2012

The food was good.The service was a little slow.The decor was in keeping with days gone by!

Visited May 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a comment about the Restaurant.

I am pleased you enjoyed your meal. I am sorry that we did not serve you fast enough, we are normally very conscientious about timings and I am disappointed that we let you down in this respect.

Please do not hesitate to contact me should you wish to discuss any of this.
Christchurch
“Excellent Food Service and Value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2012

Went there with my parents and my son for Mother's Day. Excellent choice of food perfectly cooked. Included 4 courses and coffee which was great value. Excellent friendly service in pleasant surroundings.

• Visited March 2012
DanielMarshGM, General Manager at Alexanders Restaurant, responded to this review, April 18, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a comment about the Restaurant.

I have passed your kind words on to the team.

uk
“nothing special”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2012

it was just about okay because we were there with friends we made the best of it.

Visited February 2012
I am sorry we could not inspire you with the cuisine and service to write anything more uplifting and informative.

Thatdham, Berkshire
“Attentive Staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2012

Very good hot food. Staff were very attentive and made you feel special. Good breakfast.

Visited February 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a comment about the Restaurant.

I have passed your kind words on to the team.