“Great location”

Ranked #22 of 66 Hotels in Bournemouth
Aylesbury, United Kingdom
“Great location”
Reviewed August 11, 2014

I have stayed in this Premier Inn since it opened, its in a great location and you can walk to many restaurants and bars. Rooms are typical Premier Inn rooms so clean and tidy. One advantage at this hotel is having its on bar and a nice sitting area in the evening. The hotel also has a car park but really not enough spaces now for the number of rooms. Finding a space can often be a bit of a scrum. I have used this hotel quite regularly since it opened, some areas are now looking a little tired and in need of a refurbishment. This is always a very busy hotel and forward booking almost certainly required.Nice friendly staff generally. Breakfast can also be a bit chaotic during busy times and then maybe not worth the extra price.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
PI_Bournemouth, Guest Relations Manager at Premier Inn Bournemouth Westcliff Hotel, responded to this review, August 18, 2014
I am happy to hear you enjoy staying with us and had a good stay recently. Thank you for your comments regarding the hotel, we look forward to your next stay.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (236)
devon
Reviewed August 11, 2014

Lovely clean friendly place , could not fault it.
room was clean , had evening meal and breakfast and was both lovely , did the menu saver and was well worth it .
staff very friendly smiled every time and couldnt do enough for you.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
I am very happy to hear you had a good stay. Thank you for your lovely review, I hope you will visit again soon.
Letchworth Garden City
Reviewed August 10, 2014 via mobile

We stayed in a family room with our two grandchildren (13 & 10) and found the usual Premier Inn high standards but this time with air conditioning. We ate there for breakfast and dinner and the deals available made the price very good. The staff even coached us on the best way to take advantage of the offers available including 2 for 1at the bar from 5-7pm.
A very good hotel with excellent staff at a good price.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your lovely review and your compliments about our staff and hotel. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and hope we will see you again next time you visit Bournemouth.
Bedford, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 10, 2014

Stayed one night and found it very satisfactory. Staff very friendly and helpful, and rooms clean and bright with air conditioning. Breakfast more than adequate. Lots of young children staying at the time, and these seemed well catered for. Limited parking, which has to be paid for as an addition. Good value for money hotel.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review. I am happy you had a good stay with us. Thank you for your compliments regarding our staff, we hope you will stay with us again soon.
London
Reviewed August 9, 2014

If you want a clean room and bathroom, comfortable bed, good shower, friendly and efficient reception staff plus a kettle then this Premier Inn fits the bill. This one also had air conditioning. The room was a bit smaller than other Premier Inns. Car Park was full but parking available around the corner. Didn't eat there so can't comment on the food.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
I am very happy to hear you had a comfortable stay at our hotel. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We hope to see you again soon.
Beckenham, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 7, 2014

I stayed here for one night with a group of 8 people. 4 adults and 4 girls, all under 10. We had two quad rooms between us.

We arrived a little early at the hotel and our rooms weren't ready, so the accommodating staff at reception let us leave our bags and get changed so that we could get straight to the beach for the afternoon. The hotel is perfectly located for both beaches and town. I would recommend heading down Clarendon Road to Middle Chine, which is a very peaceful 15 minute walk, even with little ones! There is a bus stop directly outside the hotel, so it was very easy to get buses either into Bournemouth Central, or to Poole.

The rooms themselves were lovely and clean, and a decent size considering we were packing 4 people into them. We had one double bed and two smaller ones in each room. All of the beds were incredibly comfortable and we had a great night's sleep. Lovely air-con too. We didn't try the restaurant or bar for dinner, so can't comment on those, but the breakfast was excellent. Buffet style, with food replenished on a regular basis, so it's not sitting around forever. Very good value for money. I can imagine that it gets very busy at weekends though.

I know people complain about having to pay for parking and the lack of spaces, but if you do your research on Tripadvisor or on the Premier Inn website, they are quite clear about that!

We checked out early the next day, and the staff were again very helpful about us leaving our bags, as we were getting a train later that afternoon. I cannot thank them enough for being so friendly and efficient, and it made our stay very stress-free and pleasant, which was exactly what we were hoping for. I would definitely stay here again, and am already thinking about booking a short break for next summer in order to get a good rate!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Kim B
Thank you for your lovely review. I am very happy to hear you had a good night stay with us, and enjoyed your breakfast. Thank you all your lovely compliments regarding our hotel and staff, it is fantastic to hear you will be staying with us again next time you are in Bournemouth. We look forward to welcoming you back!
uk
Reviewed August 5, 2014

Remains very clean and inexpensive as my last review.
However, three times my key had to be renewed, as it was cancelled!
Having to keep walking back to reception from the 4th floor to have a new key is annoying. Especially as my husband was in my room but I couldn't get to knock on the door due to the various key controlled doors to reach him! How about a phone by said doors to call reception so they can either, buzz people in, or come and open the door! The disabled and elderly must find this very frustrating!
If a customer complains her 3rd day Internet isn't working, please don't insinuate they're lying and only bought 2! To have to return to room, via doors not working, to come back and show you the 3 codes paid for, may offend.
To have to pay to park your car at a hotel is cheeky! I'm sure very few people stay here without a car! The 'threat' of being fined if one doesn't pay is almost as cheeky! Surely, we all know they can't force such fines?!
Finally, perhaps minor, but the staff obviously want to hurry us along at breakfast. However, if I put my cutlery down in between mouthfuls to talk to family, read newspaper, it doesn't mean I've finished! Twice I was asked have I finished so they can remove my plate!! No, I've finished when I get up!! Surely, restaurants don't clear half a table, but wait until everyone has finished their meal?!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Kate W, Guest Relations Manager at Premier Inn Bournemouth Westcliff Hotel, responded to this review, August 13, 2014
Thank you for taking time to review our hotel. I am sorry to hear you had trouble with the internet and apologise that you felt our receptionist was insinuating you were lying, I will make sure your comments are passed on to reception and this is addressed. Regarding your comments on the car park, unfortunately our car parking is very limited and is chargeable due to problems with people parking unsafely. Information on our car park is available on our website and we do our best to make sure guests are aware at the time of booking, furthermore information on the nearby free on-road parking is provided by the receptionsts at check in. I am also very sorry to hear you felt you were being rushed at breakfast and would like to assure you this was not our intention. At breakfast we clear as people finish as we have found the tables can become very cluttered with used crockery and most of our guests prefer us to take away things they have finished with to give them more space. We always ask if things are finished with to ensure we do not remove anything the guest is still using, but i apologise if you felt this was rushing you. I understand you are unhappy with these issues but hopefully my explaination about the car park and breakfast has helped you to understand the reasons for these things.