“Just the kind of break I needed.”
Review of The Grove Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bournemouth
The Grove Hotel
Ranked #9 of 132 Bournemouth B&B and Inns
Tisbury, wiltshire, uk
“Just the kind of break I needed.”
Reviewed October 12, 2013

I went for a lovely break away with my nan. I found The Grove very relaxing and the staff are really friendly. - they all come and introduce themselves when they come on duty. It was very reassuring too to have a nurse on duty 24 hours a day. I needed to rest in the afternoons and I could do that easily and comfortably. I enjoyed meeting some lovely people, also staying at The Grove. It did me the world of good, and I can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: its a good idea to get a room with a fridge, I found I needed cold drinks, but had to keep going dow...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Tanya G

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Warwick, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 12, 2013

It is amazing how residents, while not obliged, seem to “catch” the up-beat loving atmosphere created by the modern tastefully decorated environment and particularly by the loving care and unobtrusive attention given by the staff.
Being unsure what to expect we were impressed to find that we were not greeted by “Hello, dear. How do you feel? Where does it hurt?” For those who might have concerns about being overwhelmed, this was not at all the case. However, the assurance of the availability of 24/7 nursing staff cannot be under-estimated.
Before our arrival, being on holiday, we had thought that we might eat out sometimes. But, after dining-in for a couple of evenings, the quality of the food and the friendliness of the service dissuaded us. Following a drink at the bar, we thought, “Why bother? Dinner here is too good to miss.”
Our only fear is that it would indeed be a shame for such a wonderful resource to be lost for lack of short-term support. So we want to bring the features mentioned above to the broadest possible attention of patients, carers and professionals.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank MichaelMorris2013
Exeter, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 27, 2013

A fantastic stay and really friendly staff. Macmillan are running an excellent hotel for people with a horrible illness. Very accommodating with the mobility scooter aswell. Excellent 3 course evening meals and a filling breakfast. Comfortable rooms and only a short way from the seafront. Would definitely recommend and already planning our next visit.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Robert B
Ham, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 17, 2013

The grove is a great place for cancer patients and their family or friends and even on Their own. The staff are so kind, friendly and understanding, the rooms are spotless the food 5star the service faultless. The staff and other residents made us feel right at home. Highly recommended and I will be going back for another 5star experience:)))

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Hinckley, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 16, 2013

With a life limiting illnrss holidaying alone can be difficult, the Grove was able to meet all my needs and some more. Every aspect of my stay from the excellent food, spotless room, nice gardens were there to be enjoyed, but most of all the staff were exceptional. From the young lady who took care of my room, the reception staff, resturant staff and the nursing team all made me feel safe secure and welcome to share this unique hotel.
With luck I will be there again next year, well done.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Maria J
Stratford-upon-Avon, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 16, 2013

My wife and I have just returned from a very enjoyable short stay at the Grove Hotel. We cannot recommend it enough. The staff were so caring and friendly and nothing was too much trouble. Our room was spotless and everything you could wish for was available including dressing gowns, slippers, flat screen TV and tea and coffee making facilities. There were even reclining chairs in the lounge for your comfort, lovely gardens and a beach hut overlooking the beautiful sands which was accessible via the cliff lift which was a short stroll from the hotel. The varied menu was excellent and the bar was a great surprise. We had a wonderful few days and will be returning soon.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank john s
Folkestone
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Finding out about this hotel in the Oncology department of the Kent and Canterbury hospital, we thought it looked inviting, and decided to give it a go. Get your GP to confirm your illness on the application form, you can't go unless you are suffering from cancer or a life threatening illness, although your family/carers can accompany you, and go and enjoy, as we did, what will probably be the best hotel you have ever stayed in in your life. Everything is superb, from the welcome that you will receive to the farewell hugs and good wishes. Food, attention from the caring staff, the rooms, the free bus trips - nothing can be faulted. We have had two holidays there, and a third is already booked. Bournemouth is a pleasant place, and has great bus services for you to use your bus pass on, with plenty of nearby places of interest to visit. Ill with a life threatening disease? Get yourself booked in ! But one warning - this hotel is for the less able, not for the still very active person - no swimming pool or fitness centre.

Mike and Maureen, Sept. 2013

Room Tip: Try a superior upgrade - well worth it.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple