“TRULY UNIQUE AND EXCEPTIONAL ..........”
Review of The Grove Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bournemouth
The Grove Hotel
Ranked #8 of 132 Bournemouth B&B and Inns
Eastbourne, England, United Kingdom
“TRULY UNIQUE AND EXCEPTIONAL ..........”
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Our third stay at The Grove - 16/9 - 23/9/12 - ........ which speaks for itself really! As usual, the experience was brilliant in every way. Wonderful staff and very tasty meals. We met some lovely people. Unfortunately my husband was not well and the support from the nurses was excellent. And despite this, we also had a laugh - which is oh so important. And we were very comfortable. Highly recommended. And an opportunity to say a big thank you. Margaret S

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Margaret S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Coventry, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 27, 2012

We have taken my parents to the Grove twice and are booked in again for December. My parents have also visited on their own. It is a wonderuf, caring place and my parents feel safe there, as all of the staff really do care for them. Nothing is too much trouble.
The rooms are very good as is the whole hotel. It has a lovely garden to sit or walk in and a conservatory if you prefer. It is a happy place which considering the illnesses of some of the guests, may be a surprise to new visitors. I suppose the biggest accolade it can be given is - It is just like any other premium hotel. The food is excellent as are the snacks. There is a beach hut nearby and the cliff lift to get you to the prom. Buses also stop nearby, giving you the opportunity to visit much of the coast in the area, or the towns.
As a family we would recommend that you visit Brenden and his team - you will not be disapointed.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank gramps49
Wickford, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 23, 2012

i have been to the grove twice.the staff make you so welcome and if you are part of team.so helpful anything you want they will try and help.the rooms are clean and tidy.nothing to much bother.even the wiating staff are great smiling and polite you can have a laugh with all the staff.ireconmend to all people i see hospice nurses and macmillan nurses.i will come back again if health permits. john p essex

Room Tip: my room as i was on own was great a dble bed and every thing u needed.and quite
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank john p
Chichester, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 2, 2012

I have just returned after a three night stay with my Mother and my Uncle, who bless him has not been away for approx 20 years. We were greeted like old friends or even family and given a tour round the hotel and the gardens. Our two rooms were fantastic. My Uncle had a double bed to himself with beautiful white cotton linen and a wonderful bathroom with walk in shower. Mum's and myself"s was a triple aspect twin room with beautiful linen and furniture and a huge bathroom! There were dressing gowns and slippers in both rooms along with a personal safe.
The staff were in regular contact before our visit and helped to arrange oxygen etc which was in the room and set up ready to go. All the staff were fantastic. The meals were not only of the highest standard and quality but presented on hot plates. Staff were more than happy to accommodate any dietary needs or offer other options. The Management and Nurses were fantastic and had us in stitches. We were even able to go on free bus trips and borrow wheelchairs etc. We met some lovely people and made some new friendships. This is such a special place with very special people and we can't wait to return. Thank you all so much.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Helen H
Stokenchurch, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 29, 2012

I went to visit this Hotel last week so I could tell carers about it as I work for Carers Bucks. I was shown round by a member of staff who was really helpful and I was very impressed.
The Hotel was beautiful with lovely clean airy rooms and a very comfortable feel to it.
Guest rooms - I was shown 2 rooms both were very bright, clean and comfortable. they have 3 rooms that are fully equip for disabled guests with wet room, hospital beds etc but with a feel of luxury.
The rest of the rooms have the same air of luxury and the hotel stocks things like raised toilet seats etc to make life easier for guests if they require.
The rooms are on the 1st floor but there is a fully operational lift that can accommodate a powered wheelchair.
On the ground floor there is a lovely dinning room where home cooked meals are provided. The chef is able to accommodate all dietary requirements
There is also a small bar area, conservatory over looking the garden and plenty of other space for relaxation.
There is a short walk to the sea front where there is a lift down to the beach and the hotel has its own beach hut for use by guests.
There is some evening entertainment too for those who don't want to venture far.
As this hotel is specially designed for people with life limiting illness so there is always a registered nurse on duty as well as a very supportive GP practice near by.
Carers and family members are also very welcome and if people want carers to come in on a daily basis the hotel will organise this with a local agency (this is an extra cost).
I spoke to a hotel guest who was on her 7th visit and she raved about the hotel.
The prices for this hotel are very reasonable and it is a registered charity.

Room Tip: Speak to the hote and I am sure they will explain everything and accommodate you as best they can.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Worcester, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 20, 2012

We were given the detail of the hotel by my wifes nurse at our local hospice. From the leaflet we took an immediate liking to the place and made our reservation for a 7 day break. On our arrival, even before going into the hotel, I looked in the gardens and met a couple of other guests and after only a couple of minutes chat we knew we had picked the right place.
The hotel is beautiful in every way, the bedrooms, the lounges, the dining room all just spotless. Then we met the staff, well honestly you would not get better even if you employed the staff yourself. The real big comfort is that you know that there is a qualified nurse on call and the the whole project is run by MacMillan Caring Locally.
The staff generally could not do enough for you and always with the biggest smile....suddenly you were a person not just a number as with some of the big hotels. We knew that the primary aim of the hotel is to offer a break for the terminally ill and their carers, well, you would never have known it as all guests had come to enjoy themselves, talk to likeminded people and simply never burden themselves on to other guests. I think that the "order of the day" and every day was to simply" enjoy".
The facilities are superb with motorised chairs and wheelchairs to get you around Bournemouth
are all available as is the hotel's beech hut which comes complete every thing you need to spend a slendid day by the sea.
My wife and I have already booked for one of the Christmas special weekends and cannot wait to meet up with our new friends and to enjoy the banter with the staff.
This hotel deserves to be up there with the best.I understand that the hotel is the only one of it's kind in the UK and deserves all the support it can get......it will from us

Room Tip: Always inform the hotel of any special needs and they will do their best to help
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank EdmondFreemantle
Christchurch, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 19, 2012

We thought we would try a weekend break in Bournemouth for myself, my wife and our good friend who has just been given a terminal diagnosis and his wife. We couldn't have asked for a nicer location with the most wonderful and careing staff.
The hotel and rooms were absolutely spotless and comfortable in every area. The Staff could not have done more to ensure our stay was enjoyable abd memorable. We were able to borrow electric buggies from the hotel and off we went to explore the promonade and beach and to spend some relaxing hours using the hotel's own Beach Hut, complete with tea and coffee making facilities etc.
Although there is no 'hands on' nursing, there is a qualified Macmillan nurse in attendance 24hrs every day, which gives confidence and peace of mind for both patients and their carers.
There are extensive facilities for every level of need and nothing seems to be too much trouble. The food was also of an excellent standard with all dietry requirements catered for.
We would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel to anyone and we will definately return again, soon.
Thank you!!