“Great Place spoilt by inconsiderate guests”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Dean Park Inn

Dean Park Inn
Ranked #35 of 133 Bournemouth B&B and Inns
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Great Place spoilt by inconsiderate guests”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

Visiting my daughter at University we stopped at the Dean Park Inn. Very warm welcome and we were pleasantly surprised by the standards. Room was nice and we loved our corner bath. Bar area was good although we didn't try the food it looked good. Good selection of ales which ticked my box. What a shame we were woken at 4.45 by some mindless idiots staging a protest at being locked out of their room. Whoever you are Hayley why didn't you just let them in and we all could have had a good nights sleep. Not the Hotels fault but with no room phones or a reception to call there wasn't a lot we could do. Hotel gets my vote though

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
deanie41, Manager at Dean Park Inn, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
Thankyou for your comments,
Im glad you enjoyed the hotel and again I can only apologise for the rowdiness of that particular evening. we are now looking into ways that guests can contact the team in these situations. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Dean Park in the future

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Bexley
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2014

My family live nearby and I always book hotels on Westcliff but no more. My husband and I made a last minute booking to stay here as it was closer to my son's house and we loved it. The room was clean and comfortable and there was plenty of tea and coffee in the rooms - and even two bottles of water which you would pay a fortune for in other hotels. The Manager and his staff were excellent and made us feel welcome - it was nice to be treated as a person and not a room number!

The breakfast was good - with lots of choice - even smoked salmon and scrambled eggs which was lovely and a generous size portion. We had dinner one evening in the bar and that was also excellent and reasonably priced.

We had a drink in the bar both evenings we stayed - and on the first night joined the locals for their quiz night. For us this was a bonus and saved the walk we normally have on the West Cliff to a bar - especially as there were 80 mph winds. I am going to cancel my regular bookings for the year and book into this hotel from now on.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
deanie41, General Manager at Dean Park Inn, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
Lesley, many thanks for your kind words and congratulations on the family addition, we look forward to seeing you soon.
London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2013

The hotel is clean and comfortable, the food (dinner and breakfast) was absolutely delicious, complimented with courteous and extremely helpful staff created an excellent night stay at the dean park inn.
Would definitely recommend to all!

It's always refreshing to find a lovely hotel with superb staff. Keep it up guys!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Joe C
Bournemouth
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2013

Absolutely great new refurbishment. Stayed a year ago and not so good but since then lots of money has been spent in the bedrooms and bar/restaurant. Excellent result. Although mine was a business trip I will bring the family next time. Bournemouth has a lot going for it in the Winter. Staff couldn't have been more helpful. Thank you to all working at the Dean Park.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank NickofBournemouth
Scarborough, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2013

We stayed at the Dean Park Inn for my sisters graduation. What a find! Fabulous service, fabulous room and yummy breakfast. Would definitely recommend this place to stay if in Bournemouth. It's only a short taxi ride into town. My mum and step dad had a double room and I had a single. Both were clean, bright and comfortable.The staff were so friendly and nothing was too much trouble for them. In the evening we had a couple of drinks in the bar and the atmosphere was great, the music even better! Will definitely love to go back!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Wiltshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013

We had the family room, it clean and fresh ( could have done with a bath ) My dad had a double room and it was fine and did have a bath . The service was fab and the breakfast was yummy - you could even have smoked Salmon with egg :)
Not to bad a walk into town, my 5 year old was fine.

Ill be back.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Bournemouth
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2013

My partner and I returned to the Dean Park Inn for the 5th time. We stay when we visit the Air Festival and a further week after. The landlord/manager and his staff are without exception brilliant. We're made to feel very special and that we matter. Nothing is too much trouble (even me altering the details of the menu!!) We think of Nick, Dee, Woody & Susie, Robbie, Tracy, Sean & Sonam as friends. The breakfast and bar food is superb and very reasonably priced. I cannot wait til next year to go back so we're booked in at the beginning of Nov when celebrations of the total refit are due to take place. I'd actually like to live at the Dean!!!

• Stayed August 2013