“The Perfect Experience !”
Review of Vesuvio

Vesuvio
Ranked #187 of 799 Restaurants in Bournemouth
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed September 28, 2010

We have been to Vesuvio Quite a few times lately and we only had good experiences.

The coffees are just the best in Bournemouth!!
The deserts are superb and the menu is wide enough for all the tastes, from pastas, pizzas, salads , fish and meat.
The view is outstanding and the staff is warm and friendly, even at the most busy evenings and they can get very busy, especially on weekends !

If you are looking for a calm and relaxed evening book during the week and you wont regret. As any busy restaurant you will get better service and more relaxed/quieter environment during the weekdays .
My partner's parents are visiting us from next week and we are already planning our next meals there ! Looking forward ...

1  Thank TheCosmopolitans

Reviewed September 27, 2010

Had another enjoyable evening at Vesuvio,it was great, lovely food and service.

Reviewed September 26, 2010

We have been several times and the food is usually very good if you stick to the pasta and pizza. However this time I decided to sample the Tournedos Rossini - fillet steak on a ciabatta cruton with pate and a madeira sauce. At £22 I expected a tender and juicy piece of meat that should melt in your mouth, rather than a rubbery chunk of gristle with 2 inches of luke warm pate all piled on top of a slab of stale bread that even my steak knife couldn't cut through!

The staff were unattentative and made us feel neglected. It took an hour until our starters came, followed by the mains 45 minutes later. Not once did any member of staff come over to see if we wanted any drinks or to check on the food so I couldn't even get a glass of water until they cleared my plate. When I mentioned that the food hadn't been good, the waitress simply apologised and told me there wasn't anything she could do as I had eated nearly half of the steak. Eventually we got to speak to the manager who agreed to take it off the bill but didn't offer us anyhing else as compensation.

Very disappointing and I believe they have become complacent because their beautiful location will continue to bring customers.

If you do decide to go - stick to the pizza and pasta as nothing else is worth bothering with.

1  Thank kpancheri
Reviewed September 14, 2010

This is a copy of the letter of complaint that I wrote to Vesuvio,I am still awaiting a reply!!! Dear Sir/Madam,
My partner and I booked a table for four last Friday the 6th August,we are residents in Bournemouth and have been to your restaurant many times before,so suggested bringing our guests there.
When we arrived we were greeted very cordially and shown to our table in your beachside extension,we were even asked if we would like a better table but I said that we were fine with this one as my sister-in law wanted to see the sea.
The waiter came with menus and firstly we ordered our drinks,a bottle of House White and one of House Red,the waiter came back with the wine and asked me to try the white,I said it was ok,he looked at me in a strange way and I said it's ok not fantastic but ok,he said what do you expect with House wine,I told him that I expected it to be a well chosen wine for the price and left it at that;we had a starter but then waited an hour for our main course at which point I called the waiter over and told him that we had been waiting an hour to which he replied,no you haven't,my sister-in law said yes we have,he then said what do you expect we have 200 people in the other area everyone is waiting for their meal,I told him that I did not like his attitude and that 4 cutomers in the annexe were just as important as 200 in the main restaurant and that in my experience what he should have said was,I am sorry madam I will just go and find out why there is a delay with your main course.
We were all amazed at how rude a waiter could be,we eat out a lot and at restaurants ranging from basic to Michelin starred but have never come across this sort of treatment.
Towards the end of the meal when we were on dessert he started trying to be nice,too late is all I can say,the damage had been done and ruined our evening by upsetting me.
The table was booked in the name of Waygood and as I said we were in the annexe so I am sure that you will be able to trace which waiter served us,he was not English fairly short and had dark hair.
The gentleman who greeted us when we arrived and also when we left was very good and knew exactly how to treat customers,if only he could teach the waiter how to behave.
Yours sincerely
Lynn Ting (Mrs)
Do not bother with this restaurant,the Owner/Manager cannot even make the effort to respond to complaints,I think this says it all!!!

2  Thank lilBournemouth
Reviewed September 8, 2010

great location on the beach at the quieter end of Bournemouth. Food good, although could be more authentic, but there is a great terrace so that makes up for it.