“A taste of Italy”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
London, United Kingdom
“A taste of Italy”
Reviewed April 26, 2014

How is it possible to have an authentic high quality Italian meal virtually right on the beach ?, go to Vesuvio restaurant. The meal was spectacular. The presentation and taste was superb and of course it was served by Italian waiters so it was a timely yet leisurely experience. If you like Italian food and you are in the area, Don't miss it.

1 Thank ray829

Cheltenham, United Kingdom
“A great restaurant in a wonderful location”
Reviewed April 22, 2014

We very much enjoyed our recent visit to this restaurant on a busy night so there was plenty of atmoshere – it made for a very special Birthday.

the Manager was welcoming, all the staff provided very efficient, courteous and friendly service – the food was traditional Italian and was excellent.

We would eat there more regularly if it were nearer to where we live but will certainly return there on our next visit to Bournemouth.

• Visited April 2014
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“Appalling service”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

My family has visited this restaurant for the past 4 years and the service has always been a bit hit and miss, however after a recent visit I can safely say I will never go there again. The waiter had an appalling attitude, took an instant dislike to us, intentionally ignored one of our party when taking the drinks order and then verbally abused us when we asked if he could wipe the table as it had ice cream on (from the previous customer) At this point we walked out.
The restaurant is in a great location sadly it appears that the staff feel that this is an excuse for service to take back seat.

2 Thank Weekendretreat2014
Ascot, England, United Kingdom
“Dreadful”
Reviewed April 12, 2014

Don't bother with this restaurant as the service is dreadful. I sat outside on a chillyish evening to order a pizza to takeaway to my accommodation just up the road. Being a female on my own I didn't want to eat there. I was told they had nothing to put the pizza in so I couldn't take it away but I could have it outside as there was no room inside. So I ordered the pizza and a glass of wine. I also wanted to use the internet so I saw the vesuvio log in but it needed a password. Sorry, it's just for management! The pizza arrived, I ate half as by then it was too cold to eat.. They couldn't do anything for me to take the rest away so I put it in a carrier bag. Had to go in to pay as nobody around. There were tables empty so I could have eaten inside. I paid my bill, was handed the change without a word. I think these people think that because of it's location they don't have to make any sort of effort. The food is only ok as well. Wish I'd read trip adviser first as lots of comments about the service. Not sure if it's worth writing this either as they don't seem to read them.

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank Rodders1956
Bournemouth
“Nothing too much trouble”
Reviewed April 9, 2014

We went as a family foursome on a rainy Sunday evening. The menu offers plenty of choice and is good value for a restaurant if this calibre. My daughter hadn't read the ingredients of her starter properly but they exchanged it without being asked. The service was just right and our food was really good and plenty of it.
The views are wonderful and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Vesuvio.