“Appalling service” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Vesuvio

Vesuvio
Ranked #168 of 729 Restaurants in Bournemouth
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Special occasions, Families with children, Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner, Drinks, Lunch, Brunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“Appalling service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2014

My family has visited this restaurant for the past 4 years and the service has always been a bit hit and miss, however after a recent visit I can safely say I will never go there again. The waiter had an appalling attitude, took an instant dislike to us, intentionally ignored one of our party when taking the drinks order and then verbally abused us when we asked if he could wipe the table as it had ice cream on (from the previous customer) At this point we walked out.
The restaurant is in a great location sadly it appears that the staff feel that this is an excuse for service to take back seat.

Visited April 2014
2 Thank Weekendretreat2014

Ascot, England, United Kingdom
“Dreadful”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2014

Don't bother with this restaurant as the service is dreadful. I sat outside on a chillyish evening to order a pizza to takeaway to my accommodation just up the road. Being a female on my own I didn't want to eat there. I was told they had nothing to put the pizza in so I couldn't take it away but I could have it outside as there was no room inside. So I ordered the pizza and a glass of wine. I also wanted to use the internet so I saw the vesuvio log in but it needed a password. Sorry, it's just for management! The pizza arrived, I ate half as by then it was too cold to eat.. They couldn't do anything for me to take the rest away so I put it in a carrier bag. Had to go in to pay as nobody around. There were tables empty so I could have eaten inside. I paid my bill, was handed the change without a word. I think these people think that because of it's location they don't have to make any sort of effort. The food is only ok as well. Wish I'd read trip adviser first as lots of comments about the service. Not sure if it's worth writing this either as they don't seem to read them.

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Rodders1956
Bournemouth
“Nothing too much trouble”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2014

We went as a family foursome on a rainy Sunday evening. The menu offers plenty of choice and is good value for a restaurant if this calibre. My daughter hadn't read the ingredients of her starter properly but they exchanged it without being asked. The service was just right and our food was really good and plenty of it.
The views are wonderful and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Vesuvio.

Visited April 2014
Great Dunmow, United Kingdom
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2014

My husband and I went for dinner on Saturday. We found the staff for the most part to be disinterested and off-hand. We waited an age for someone to come and take our drinks order - in the end I politely summoned a waiter. The food was mediocre, my lasagne was 'sloppy' and only warm and my husband's pizza was unremarkable. No one came to check if everything was all right during the meal and we had to wait far too long for the plates to be cleared. Needless to say we baled out after that and for the first time ever didn't leave a tip.

The location is great, right on the sea front and is good for a coffee on the terrace, but we won't be having dinner there again.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank RoseberyG
New York City, New York
“Awesome food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2014

I have been to this restaurant along with my friends on a Saturday afternoon, was pretty crowded but we luckily found a table, we ordered pizzas and garlic bread, it took a lot of time for them to get the order but we felt it as it was worth the wait, the food was amazing i can say i had the best pizza ever, worst every penny. garlic bread was awesome, ambiance was great
very good experience