“Dreadful”

Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Ascot, England, United Kingdom
“Dreadful”
Reviewed April 12, 2014

Don't bother with this restaurant as the service is dreadful. I sat outside on a chillyish evening to order a pizza to takeaway to my accommodation just up the road. Being a female on my own I didn't want to eat there. I was told they had nothing to put the pizza in so I couldn't take it away but I could have it outside as there was no room inside. So I ordered the pizza and a glass of wine. I also wanted to use the internet so I saw the vesuvio log in but it needed a password. Sorry, it's just for management! The pizza arrived, I ate half as by then it was too cold to eat.. They couldn't do anything for me to take the rest away so I put it in a carrier bag. Had to go in to pay as nobody around. There were tables empty so I could have eaten inside. I paid my bill, was handed the change without a word. I think these people think that because of it's location they don't have to make any sort of effort. The food is only ok as well. Wish I'd read trip adviser first as lots of comments about the service. Not sure if it's worth writing this either as they don't seem to read them.

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank Rodders1956

Bournemouth
“Nothing too much trouble”
Reviewed April 9, 2014

We went as a family foursome on a rainy Sunday evening. The menu offers plenty of choice and is good value for a restaurant if this calibre. My daughter hadn't read the ingredients of her starter properly but they exchanged it without being asked. The service was just right and our food was really good and plenty of it.
The views are wonderful and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Vesuvio.

Visited April 2014
Great Dunmow, United Kingdom
“Disappointed”
Reviewed April 8, 2014

My husband and I went for dinner on Saturday. We found the staff for the most part to be disinterested and off-hand. We waited an age for someone to come and take our drinks order - in the end I politely summoned a waiter. The food was mediocre, my lasagne was 'sloppy' and only warm and my husband's pizza was unremarkable. No one came to check if everything was all right during the meal and we had to wait far too long for the plates to be cleared. Needless to say we baled out after that and for the first time ever didn't leave a tip.

The location is great, right on the sea front and is good for a coffee on the terrace, but we won't be having dinner there again.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank RoseberyG
New York City, New York
“Awesome food”
Reviewed March 31, 2014

I have been to this restaurant along with my friends on a Saturday afternoon, was pretty crowded but we luckily found a table, we ordered pizzas and garlic bread, it took a lot of time for them to get the order but we felt it as it was worth the wait, the food was amazing i can say i had the best pizza ever, worst every penny. garlic bread was awesome, ambiance was great
very good experience

• Visited March 2014
Luton, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Disappointing management”
Reviewed March 28, 2014

Came here on a recommendation expecting to be amazed, unfortunately the management ruined that for us. The 2 members of staff that served us were great! Made sure we had everything we needed, built a great atmosphere for us and recommended particular items from the menu. The food was nice, definitely recommend the bruschetta with cheese it was lovely! Had a margarita pizza for main, tasted nice but not far different from say pizza express. Had a chocolate twist cocktail afterwards and that is definitely for the chocoholics! Tasted amazing! But when we went to leave the manager whacked my baby (in car seat) with a lady's coat, and then whist he was rushing around backwards walked straight into my little boy and crushed his foot! Can't say I'd go back.

• Visited March 2014