“luxury break at bargain price!”

Premier Inn Bournemouth Central Hotel
Ranked #6 of 66 Hotels in Bournemouth
Reviewed October 12, 2011

Booked on the basis of good reviews and wasn't let down. My friend and I had booked a twin room and were upgraded to a 7th floor family room, which was in fact two rooms 1 twin and 1 double. Gorgeous views of the sea fantastic balcony with foor to ceiling doors from the rooms. It was special and just made our break.
A fantastic hotel and we only paid £39 per night

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends

Reviewed October 11, 2011

I stayed here on 7th Oct and once again I was very impressed.I had booked to see concert at the BIC and usually stay at the Royal Exeter Hotel which is opposite but so glad chose Premier Inn it is only 5mins walk up the hill.Check -in is 2pm and usually staff are strict about this but I was told I could go straight to my room,it was only 13.20pm.Actual check-in was very quick but I did specify a room at the front which I got.The balconies are open now but you have to sign that you will adhere to health and safety regs.Due to the lovely mild weather it was lovely to throw open the doors and enjoy the view.
I would definetly recommend this hotel,very helpful and friendly staff.Room was immaculate too.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank BRANDON-FAN
Reviewed October 10, 2011

spent two nights her at the begining of October. The hotel was a wonderful surprise, beautiful art deco building overlooking the sea front. Had seventh floor room so had wonderful panoramic view of the surrounding area. The room was large and airy and very comfortable. On arrival at the hotel the staff were very welcoming and check in very swift.
Ate at the hotel both nights food was a good standard for the price paid, staff in dining room helpful and accomodating.
Will definately come back again and have already recommended to friends.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sunsearcher97
Reviewed October 10, 2011

I was reccomended this hotel by a compay offering corporate and stag weekend activities. I wasn't expecting anything special, but I was told it had been a Hilton. As a result I expected it to be a bit tired and the decor to be OK. I was wrong. The hole hotel, which is from the art deco era, had been fully renovated and is beautiful. Having recently stayed in long beach miami in a run down art deco hotel, I can tell you that this is the other end of the spectrum!
The staff were very friendly, the hotel was immaculatley clean, the rooms were clean and tidy....etc All I can say is if only all Premier Inn hotels were priced like this, in this convenient location and at tis price (£100 a night inc breakfast), then I wouldn't consider going anywhere else. other hotel chains need to take note and up their game!!

Room Tip: book early and get a balcony room high up for great view of the pier and sea side area. Stag do'...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Martin P
Reviewed October 5, 2011

My first stay in a Premier Inn and I have now booked to come back next month! The room was fantastic with views of the sea and the Pavilion. It was spotlessly clean and the beds were really comfortable. Breakfast was freshly cooked with very tasty sausages! Will definitely recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Wendy P
Reviewed October 4, 2011

My husband and I decided to book this hotel because of the great reviews but we were one of the unlucky ones who got a room at the back of the hotel. We got a 3rd floor room where the view was of the back of the shabby YMCA. In addition, you get to hear the constant buzz of the kitchen fan which for some bizarre reason is on 24/7. We went during a weekend and so were treated to drunken teenagers swearing in the corridor at 3am. The room next to us had around 8 school age girls all staying in it on the Friday night. On Saturday night, my husband complained about the fan and the receptionist promised to ask for it to be turned off saying that "sometimes they forget to turn it off". Needless to say it did not go off. The fan is too noisy to have the window open and you cannot have the air con on either as it is too noisy to sleep. It is totally wrong that the back rooms are the same price as the front rooms as the front rooms are obviously far superior.

The hotel are running a scam with the parking too saying they have a special deal with Metro at £8.50 for 24 hours when in fact they own this car park. If anyone does want parking in Bournemouth, you should try Gervis Road (5 min stroll from this hotel) which is £3 per 24 hours.

To be fair, the hotel did give us a partial refund in respect of their "good night guarantee" policy but I felt that the receptionist was so quick to give a refund without much of an explanation that it was a very common occurance. We only had to mention "room 301 at the back" and she was ready with the card machine before I said much else!!!

The policy of restaurant staff showing you to a table for breakfast is also flawed (especially as we turned up at a quiet time) as the assistant wanted us to sit at a table next to a group of 8 "lively" hen night woman - not my idea of a relaxing breakfast. I will say though that the breakfast was very good, good value for money and was being well replenished by the staff.

One last thing - the bed was uncomfortable - far too soft as the mattress had obviously seen better days.

I have stayed in many Premier inns without complaint in the past but will not go near one again.

Room Tip: If you cannot get a front balcony room - don't even chech in!
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Premier_Inn, Social Media at Premier Inn Bournemouth Central Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. At Premier Inn we endeavour to ensure all our guests have an enjoyable stay in a comfortable environment and do apologise that on this occasion we failed to provide this. Please be assured your comments have been noted and will be followed up with the Management Team at our hotel. Your feedback is very much appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back to Premier Inn in the future.

Reviewed October 2, 2011

I can't fault the this hotel. The Room my wife and I occupied was a family room on the fifth floor with a choice of four patio doors leading to the corner / front balcony with a panoramic sea view and also views over the town . The room had a quiet location and was very clean with a high standard of furnishing. Food was to an acceptable standard and the breakfast quality and choice very good. Staff overall were friendly and helpful with service to a good standard. I have been told that In years gone by, when the hotel was first opened by other owners,this hotel was THE best in Bournemouth,(still is in my opinion) with many VIPs' and famous people staying there, including the Beatles. The Premier Inn group have done a REALLY fantastic job of refurbishing this hotel to a very high standard. It must be one of the jewels in their portfolio. I have used several other four star hotels when visiting Bournemouth, but I will certainly use this one again for future visits.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple