“Fantastic weekend break!”

Premier Inn Bournemouth East (Lynton Court) Hotel
Ranked #21 of 66 Hotels in Bournemouth
Reviewed May 20, 2013

We have just got back from Lynton Court Premier Inn Bournemouth East. The hotel is fantastic. The room was very clean and spacious. The bathroom excellent very clean and great shower. We ate in the restaurant and the food and service was excellent. Reception staff at premier were very helpful.

Only one downside is that the signage to say it is a premier inn is not clear from the front. It needs a sign under Lynton Court signage.

We will go back.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed May 19, 2013

By now, I'm becoming quite familiar with the Premier Inn brand and, wishing to take a holiday in the Bournemouth area, I though I'd give this establishment a try, especially as I'd read so many good reviews about it. I've just returned from a stay of six nights and have to record that the only things speclal were the price (high) and the location (good)! I'd done my homework beforehand and could have stayed in a Premier Inn near Christchurch for about 40% less and put up with the inconvenience of having to drive into Bournemouth daily and I'm now wondering if that would have been a better option.

To those looking for a Premier Inn sign from the road, you'll be disappointed and Premier Inn really need to do something about this. It's as if they wish to hide the fact that it's there! The Inn's entrance and car park is behind the Lynton Lodge Table Table Restaurant and has quite a big car park. I received a warm and courteous greeting and was given a key to my room which was to the quiet side of the Inn. A few minutes later, the receptionist was knocking on my door to ask if all was OK and had a supply of extra milk, coffee, tea etc with her. I've never known that before. A nice touch.

On closer inspection of the room, all seemed in order, but I was somewhat surprised with the small size of the TV. For a room of that size and cost, I would have expected something much grander than a 24" TV. To make matters worse, the TV is mounted high on the wall unit and makes it rather difficult to view from anything other than sitting directly underneath it. It had Freeview but with no instructions, it took me a while to work out where everything was. I enclose a photo to illustrate how small the photo looks in relation to the room.

I have a dislike for showers over baths when the shower head is fixed and it needs a bit of a contortionist to set the temperature correctly before directing the water to the shower head. By then, you get a blast of cold water before the warmer setting comes through - most annoying! I also dislike not having a shelf higher up to place my own shampoo and shower gel. I have to place these on the bath edge. On a positive note, the bath towels are very good.

And now to the bed, and my room had the king size ones described by Premier Inn as a "Hypnos Bed, reputed to be the most comfortable in the world". I'm sorry, but I would disagree with that statement. I've recorded this before in another review that in my past, I worked for a premium bedding manufacturer and reported to the technical director. The most comfortable mattress was undoubtedly a pocket sprung type, working in conjunction with a sprung edge divan. To place a quality mattress as Premier Inn do, on a "flat top base" is not my idea of a comfortable bed and I'll disagree with Premier Inn on that point for evermore. It took me four nights out of my six to get used to the bed and I really didn't enjoy the sleep experience at all. By night 5, I was too exhausted anyway and would have slept on a clothesline!

I went into the Table Table bar for a drink on Monday lunchtime but I found the place so cold I was tempted to go and get my coat. I ordered a small glass of fresh orange juice but felt I'd been ripped off a bit as I was charged £1.40! I saw the very same thing for sale in a supermarket (the best freshly squeezed) for £1.70 per litre! So, the mark up in the bar was over 250%! I understand business but that is taking it too far.

On Thursday evening, I though I'd try Table Table for their Lightbite menu. I chose a simple jacket potato with cheese. It was delivered promptly and tasted fine. The price was about right for this sort of establishment. The decor in the dining room seemed rather dated to me and had no character at all. The menu was a little dated as well. No wonder it was a little quiet. I found the staff very pleasant and attentive.

As for the Inn's location, I found that superb. To have a bus stop right outside was a boon. A journey into Bournemouth took no more than 5 or 6 minutes and I could catch buses directly to Poole and Christchurch as well. A change of bus at the Lansdowne enabled me to catch the open topper to Swanage as well. So, a very good location to be in.

My overall summary on this Premier Inn is that I can't quite understand why people rate it so highly. I'm judging it against other Premier Inns and wonder if they're doing the same. It's very pleasant with very attentive staff and in a very good location with lots of free parking but is it worth so much more than other Premier Inns around Bournemouth? I'm wondering!!!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
7  Thank BigTLancashire
Reviewed May 14, 2013

My wife and I have stayed at a few Premier Inns now. We know what we will get with a Premier Inn, which is a clean, tidy and decent room with a good bed and bathroom. And all this at a reasonable price.

This hotel certainly did not disappoint. The location was very good, the room was comfortable and quiet and the staff were excellent. Plus, and this is one of the main reasons for staying here for 4 nights in early April, the hotel had a free car park. We left the car in the car park and, when it was raining, caught the bus into town from immediately outside the hotel. We walked when it was dry and were comfortably in the centre of Bournemouth in under 20 minutes.

We had breakfast each morning - excellent food in a very attractive dining area. Again, the staff were great. They checked everything was ok for us and asked if we wanted anything more to eat. Could not have asked for more.

So, this was a great choice in Bournemouth and we would definitely go back if in the area again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank OldScarborian
Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

A really lovely premier inn. The staff were very welcoming and helpful both at reception and in the restaurant for dinner and breakfast. Food was also lovely and the rooms were very clean and a nice size. There is a big car park too which always had plenty of spaces free. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would definitely go back! The service was much better than hotels I have paid double the price for and this made the stay even better.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed May 10, 2013

This is a great little Premier Inn for a stop-over! It's on a main road but is a quiet location. Look out for the sign "Lynton Court" out front as the usual Premier Inn sign is set back and low down, at the entrance to the car park, which is to the rear of the building.
The receptionist, who was a lovely Spanish lady, was very welcoming, efficient and helpful. After I had settled into my room, within 15 minutes there was a knock on the door and she was there with extra supplies of tea and coffee in case I needed more after a long journey. That's a first!
The room was on the second floor (there is a lift) and was very spacious, clean and tidy. The air con. worked quietly and efficiently - and was needed due to the wet May weather! The bed was comfortable and the bathroom was clean and up to the usual standard.
The only negative point in room 18 is the position of the flat screen TV. It was high up, in a corner and in line with the bed headboard. It was a neck-aching case of "eyes left" if you wanted to watch TV in bed! And sitting in the easy chair to watch TV was like sitting in the front row of the pictures!!! Crazy! Anyway, it was a quiet room and I had a good sleep!
I awoke the next morning to find a customer service survey pushed under the door - very caring!

Attached to this Premier Inn is the original building, now a Table Table restaurant. The restaurant is really nice and the main bar is pleasant too. The menu was the usual to be found at a Premier Inn and it's getting a bit hard now to choose something a bit different other than the usual, formula fare on a standard menu which you can find anywhere, whatever the restaurant chain might be. Oh well! However, the lasagne was good as was the glass of Pinot noir (though a bit pricey, I thought!). Unusually, the restaurant staff were great and good string a proper sentence together without including the words "guys", "no problem" or "you alright there?". Well done for the customer service ..... guys!!
All in all, this was better than the other Premier Inn that I stayed at in Bournemouth a couple of years back. Small, friendly, good, quiet location - I'll use it again!

Room Tip: Second floor was quiet - but check where the TV is positioned in the room!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

A really nice Premier Inn - I stayed in a family room for one night. Really lovely room up to the usual high premier inn standards. I used the restaurant in the evening - the food was reasonable and good quality. The breakfast was excellent as well. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013
3  Thank englandje1
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Would not usually bother writing review but do feel the one star rating in this thread is completely at odds with my finding. Staff were brilliant, room just as you'd expect at a Premier : good. Boscombe is a good location. The website warning on road noise entirely unnecessary for me, as nothing external was heard. Car parking is a boon - apparently not available in the other Bournemouth Premiers. Food was a cut above what one expects in restaurants next to budget hotels. Only criticism is of the noisy air-con unit but there was an easy fix - turn it off.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family