“Ramsey needs to visit.”

La Strada Restaurant
Ranked #98 of 778 Restaurants in Bournemouth
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: La Strada Italian Restaurant located in Bournemouth near Poole, traditional Italian cuisine dishes, one of many Dorset residents and visitors favourite dining restaurants, very near Bournemouth Beach.
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Awful.

We felt like we were in an episode of Ramsey's kitchen nightmares. Bruschetta arrived, no it didn't. 1 peice of untoasted bread with goats cheese on top ? Cucumber and green and red pepper in oil, dripping in oil. Main was pizza as they could not get that wrong. Dr Octker did his job and it was edible but not exciting. At least it was pizza.

Next table was a birthday but the booking was wrong. The place could have supported tumbleweed among the empty tables. The table leaving before us was having the bill reduced, clearly consistent in some ways !

The young ladies serving were polite and keen but you could see the expectation that they were going to have to apologise for something. The manager has an air of the "basil fawlty" about him which goes to explain a few things.

Where do we enroll this place for the next series of Ramseys kitchen nightmares, it is a serious candidate, it has every element of the script just waiting.

Take a taxi to pizza express.

Reviewed November 1, 2012

I have visted La Starda a nun=mber of times over the years but nit been here for a long time. Spending a night in Bournemouth, I ignored the rain and made my way down from my hotel to the restaurant. On a wet November Wednesday it wasn't that busy. I took a seat by the window in a delightfully warm and welcoming dining room and enjoyed a very fine glass of house red wine. The menu was varied and plentiful and I had a starter and main course. In truth there was so much food I could not finish the main course. The food was excellent and it was a most enjoyable meal. The free liquor was very acceptable and the host was amiable and chatty, which on such a wet night was very welcome. I was allowed to shelter for a long time after my meal before seeking a slight easing in the torrential rain and hurriedly get back to my hotel.
This was a first class meal, very authentic Italian and at a most reasonable price. Loved it

Reviewed October 25, 2012 via mobile

Can't recommend this restaurant enough, we had a lovely evening and an exceptional steak that we both believe to be the best we have ever tasted and ever will

Reviewed October 20, 2012

We turned up without a booking on a Saturday night for a pre show meal at the BIC and we were surprised to get a table. But they accommodated us. The service was friendly and quick just what you want but we didn't feel rushed. The Italian food was the tastiest we have had for awhile and the wine was Bella! All in all we had a lovely dining experience before a great show.. Would definitely go again as it was also very reasonably priced.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

Super Ialian restaurant in the centre of Bournemouth. Very extensive menue with good veggie options. Very high standard and customer care is excellent. Thoroughly recommend a visit you won't be disappointed.