“Below average self-service cafe”
Review of Nando's

Nando's
Ranked #145 of 778 Restaurants in Bournemouth
Cuisines: Portuguese
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Home of the legendary flame-grilled PERi-PERi chicken
Reviewed April 19, 2013

I'd never been to a Nandos so was expecting a restaurant. What I got was a self-service cafe-style place where you had to queue up meaning one person had to wait for the other at the table, plus you had to collect your own sauces etc. Don't go here if you're expecting a restaurant. Also the vegetarian options were very limited, portions were small and not very appetising. A real disappointment after a morning of shopping. I'm steering clear of nando 'restaurants' in future.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We go to Nandos twice per month. It is very busy but the staff are always friendly and the 'hot' chicken is to die for. Highly recommended.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

This nano's is well placed for busy shoppers at the near by shopping centre but as much as I like eating in Nano's, this venue does not have the same charm or eating experience that is on offer at its sister restaurant at Tower Park which has a much better atmosphere. When I visited this branch there were dirty tables and food on the floor. The service was not as good either. Food was not bad but I would not eat here again!

Reviewed March 31, 2013

Dickie Spigot and I eat here on a regular basis. It's a cheap and cheerful option. The staff, always different, are usually welcoming, polite and attentive. Don't have a problem with them. Also don't have a problem with the genre of the restaurant. It is self service in all ways although your food is brought to your table by staff. On the odd occasion when we've had to wait for a table it's never been that long. Max 15 minutes. I wouldn't eat at Nando's if I was looking for a romantic evening and nor would I eat here if it was a really special occasion. Nando's does what it says on the box. Fast food, good value and not too unhealthy. We always have the same: a meal platter to share. Good value which includes a bottomless drink. My only gripe would be portions of sides, they have definitely got smaller as have the chickens! When you think of how many chickens Nando's all around the UK goes through, the mind boggles!
Dickie Spigot was disappointed to find his half of the chicken was wingless!!!!!

Reviewed March 17, 2013

really nice food, always tasty and well done.
only problem is that its always too busy and independant, would be better if we were waitored rather than having to order for yourself. feels too studenty.