“A traditional tea shop with old fashion service with a smile”
Review of Maisie's Cafe

Maisie's Cafe
Ranked #6 of 103 Restaurants in Totnes
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed December 4, 2013

We first visited this coffee shop mid afternoon and we were treated to tea served in bone china cups with old fashion teapots and the home made cakes were delicious. We returned just before lunchtime on another day for drinks only and despite filling up with customers seeking excellent value lunches we were made welcome again. I would recommend this establishment for the welcoming and pleasant staff with freshly cooked good value food.

1  Thank robert W

Reviewed October 19, 2013

A late breakfast for him and an early lunch for me. The fry up was excellent, beautifully cooked and great ingredients. My chicken curry came with exceptionally well cooked basmati rice although the curry itself lacked a little flavour. Having said that, for the price £5.95,it was a massive serving and freshly cooked.
Excellent tea and coffee and all served with a cheery smile.The real thing. A cafe that isn't trying to pretend it is anything other than what it is, a straightforward, good value venue.

1  Thank Gerry M
Reviewed October 9, 2013

We stumbled across this little cafe when wandering down a side street on a recent exploration of Totnes.....all mains were under £6 and served with either 3 veg or a lovely, fresh garden salad.....we had the fish pie, lasagne and soup of the day, and all 3 of us were more than satisfied with the serving size, taste and ultimately our choices. We would definitely return, and do not hesitate in recommending this lovely little cafe to everybody!

1  Thank PetaL275
Reviewed September 6, 2013

I often to come to Maisie's through my work, as I bring people with me. The food is very reasonable priced. As we're there before 11am, we usually have a breakfast menu item. The hand cut, thick bread in my sausage sandwich with a coffee for £3.50, I think, is excellent value. The staff are friendly and have always had a warm welcome.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

We are regular loyal customers of this wonderful little local café, if its breakfast, dinner, morning coffee, or afternoon tea, this is the place to eat, out of the last two reviews were right, like my other reviews, and several others, this establisement is never Over-rated as suggested by JessiepLondon, we all know how well this café works, anything that is served up, is of the finest quality food, staff are always so friendly, in Totnes this is the place to eat, whatever the weather, come rain or sunshine, we never look for anywhere else, for our meals that are not cooked at home. So if you visit Totnes, Make sure you make it to Maisie's café, for some refreshments, and food, it will be always of the finest as l said earlier, see you all soon

1  Thank cuddles01