“Disobliging”

The Vineyard Cafe
Cuisines: British
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The Vineyard Cafe is an alfresco restaurant set on the Sharpham Estate, next to the Sharpham Winery and Cheese Dairy.
Bristol
“Disobliging”
Reviewed September 26, 2012

An otherwise idyllic visit to the Sharpham Estate was spoiled by the cafe. The service was uptight and disobliging. I don't think it suits the needs of most visitors.

Please note that my complaint about the service does not reflect on the young girl waiting on table.

Visited September 2012
3 Thank ACFBristol

Bath, United Kingdom
“A plate of bright green pea fritters”
Reviewed September 26, 2012

We had such a lovely time, bright green pea fritters - one of my favourites which I always look forward to having and the stuffed butternut squash with pine kernels and couscous. This is a restaurant which I come to every year and it has never let me down.

London, United Kingdom
“Great food with a stunning view”
Reviewed September 25, 2012

My friends and I booked a table (23/9/12) for The Vineyard Cafe after reading good things about it in The Good Food Guide 2012. Such a lovely drive out there, set in the countryside.
Upon arrival the staff were friendly and attentive.
The food was very good, I chose a tasty warming bowl of soup with a yummy cheese scone and then the local Mussels which were delicious.
Yes the British weather did take a turn for the worse, BUT it didn't put a dampener on our afternoon out as The Cafe is readily prepared with blankets should you need them!!
Even in the rain, the staff carried on tending to customers in good humour.
My friends and I were quite surprised at how well The Cafe produces the food, from the tiny kitchen (a burger van put to good use)!
We hope to go back there again. And well done to the small team of staff.

London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent food and excellent service”
Reviewed September 25, 2012

On my visit to totnes over the weekend of the 15th of September I'm must say I had a lovely experience as was recommended to me by a good friend.

The food and the staff were a delight always trying there best to make sure we were ok without being over the top.which I find as a rare commodity these days (always looking for a tip !!! )
The food was second to none I must recommend duck it was a wonderful dish and pleasantly presented

I had a nice chat with owner.i must say she was a delight to talk to with a great knowledge of the surrounding areas

I must say the whole lunch was a great experience I will be recommending the vineyard cafe to many of my friends for a great lunch and great scenery !!!!!! Five star

1 Thank Stacey N
Kingsbridge, United Kingdom
“Rude owner”
Reviewed September 23, 2012

I could not believe how rude the owner of this cafe is to her staff and customers. The waitresses did their best to make the visit enjoyable, but the way they are spoken to by the owner spoilt the visit, the way she spoke to us was no better. I will not be visiting again!

• Visited August 2012