“Innovative veggie choices”

Dining options: Breakfast
Paignton, United Kingdom
“Innovative veggie choices”
Reviewed February 6, 2013

I love lunching at Cranks when visiting the Cider Press. I'm not veggie but my daughter is and she loves the range of choice there - and so do I. The food is excellent - wholesome and delicious - but I too feel that the prices are creeping up and up - most lunches upwards of £8.50 - to silly levels, so now only go for a pre-arranged special treat, and rarely pop in for just 'coffee and cake' any longer..

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank NettaR1606

Torquay, United Kingdom
“Very poor”
Reviewed December 8, 2012

We went to Cranks of Totnes as a special treat for my sisters and daughter...Friday 7th December at 12.30pm...The roast potatoes were
terrible.thought they were from the day before..and the meals were cold
I did ask for my meal to be re heated..but still ended up luke warm...
my daughter was pleased with her meal..but did say the sweet bowls
were smaller than usual..no Christmas cheer in the place..and they
now charge for Parking ..but you can get a refund if you buy goods..but not in Cranks...overall not as it once was.................

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Janet R
Chudleigh, United Kingdom
“Delicious food, fresh but has become very expensive”
Reviewed December 7, 2012

I was raised by a vegetarian but given meat by another parent so grew up appreciating both groups of food. We stopped at the centre last weekend and decided to have a snack lunch at Cranks.Ii've eaten here at least once a year since it opened!
There were 2 of us, we shared a cheese scone, childs macaroni cheese, slice of cake and 2 cold drinks and the total was just under £20. Fantastic scone as usual, lovely macaroni and a nice but bizarre mocha fridge cake. Small portions were what we wanted but feel the prices have kept creeping up...the restaurant hasnt had an uplift for a long time and could do with a little freshening up. Wouldn't mind. The prices so much if the environment was a little cosier!
Too marks for service though,,,thanks :-)

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank gopher35
Mornington, Australia
“Usually a meat lover but....Always a favorite”
Reviewed October 12, 2012

You just feel healthy after a meal here and you dont have to be a vegetarian! Our group really enjoyed the meal but only 2 were vegetarian.

Visited May 2012
Cheshire, UK
“Pleasantly surprised”
Reviewed February 5, 2012

We found the food good, the staff VERY friendly and the meal very good value. One soup + one jacket potato with all the trimmings was £11. If I had any criticism it was with the varying size of the two selections. Whilst my potato and accompanying salads was MASSIVE, my wife's soup and crusty bread was a tad on the small size. Overall excellent -definitely recommended - and we will visit again!

• Visited February 2012