“TOP QUALITY AND FRIENDLY HOTEL”

Royal Seven Stars Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Totnes
Reviewed February 15, 2013

We had stayed here before and selected it for a 2 day break over Valentines day. The hotel is very well positioned at the bottom of the High Street and has lots of character. The receptionist, Annie, was very helpful when we made the booking and we were very warmly received. The room ( Agatha Christie) was faultless and overlooked Fore St. We dined at the hotel on the 2 evenings and the range and quality of food could not be faulted. The fresh fish from Brixham was especially good. Our waitress was very helpful and friendly. We shall certainly be returning as apart from staying at such a lovely hotel,Totnes is very centrally placed for touring.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed February 9, 2013

Very welcoming, great food, sumptuous bed, proper power shower and really nice freebie shower gel and lotions. Fabulous value for money. They don't have a lift so not particularly accessible - but they carried my luggage for me and once I had managed the stairs to my room I used room service to have a great meal in my room with my feet up.

Room Tip: No lift but they will carry luggage for you.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 28, 2013

My husband and I (and the dog) have been here before and this latest trip was as enjoyable as ever.
Very nice well furnished and exceptionally clean ensuite room. The bar has a lovely warm and cosy ambience. Bar food is good and the breakfast is excellent, also great that the dog was made so welcome. The staff are all friendly, welcoming and efficient from reception to the bar and the breakfast room.

Totnes is a a really interesting quirky town and the Royal Seven Stars makes visiting a real pleasure. Thank you, we will return.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Fab place to stay, full of style and comfort, I really loved it here. In the centre of Totnes an old coaching in that has been modernised really well, but keeping the feel of an old English Inn. Nice rooms and really lovely bar, dining room. Walk out of the door up Totnes gorgeous High St full of quirlky little independent shops and cafes, or to the River or station. Perfect.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank herbertherbert
Reviewed January 23, 2013

my night stay here really astounded me that a privately owned hotel could offer such good value whilst providing such first class facilities and excellent quality of Bar Dinner and Breakfast ..... Breakfast was particularly delicious with a first class English cooked breakfast as well as some very tempting (I didn't resist!) cold meats for European customers I shall definitely book here again when I return to Totnes

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank henley909
Reviewed January 18, 2013

In my past I was an International Hotelier and my nights stay here really astounded me that a privately owned hotel could offer such good value whilst providing such first class facilities and excellent quality of Bar Dinner and Breakfast ..... Breakfast was particularly delicious with a first class English cooked breakfast as well as some very tempting (I didn't resist!) cold meats for European customers

I shall definitely book here again when I return to Totnes

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed January 14, 2013

We stayed here for a night whilst attending an event being held in the ballroom.
Our initial impression was coloured by 2 things. We were the last car to get into the very limited car park, having to leave the car in the car park entrance and the keys at reception. We went up to our second floor room and found a very cramped bedroom, no lift and no obvious fire escape apart from the main stairs.
However.................our views changed during our stay.
The hotel is quite an old historic building very close to the centre of the town and hence is bound to have problems with parking and bedroom space.
The staff were fantastic. Keys for all the cars were left at reception and nothing was too much trouble when it came to moving them and allowing a car in or out.
Though small, the room was quite comfortable. Rather contrary to our expectations, wifi was easily available with a good signal in the bedroom and the bathroom had good large and thick towels with an efficient towel rail.
We did not have an oportunity to try the Brasserie or Restaurant during our short stay apart from breakfast, but the buffet at the event was simple and excellent.
The staff deserve seven stars. They were all polite and helpful, including the reception staff, those manning the bar and arranging the food at the event, and especially the restaurant staff at breakfast who served an excellent cooked breakfast.
All in all a very good stay, despite the stairs.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Robin H
Also consider these accommodations in or near Totnes
The Old Forge at Totnes
#3 of 6 in Dartmouth
Dartington Hall Hotel
Dartington Hall Hotel
#1 of 6 in Dartington

Been to Royal Seven Stars Hotel? Share your experiences!