“First class restaurant just off the Harbour in Torquay.”

The Orange Tree Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 352 Restaurants in Torquay
Cuisines: European, British
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Fine dining restaurant within easy walking distance of Torquay harbour, offering modern British-European cuisine using fresh local produce. A single seating policy allows you to relax and enjoy your evening without feeling rushed.
Reviewed October 17, 2013

The Orange Tree is known to Torquay residents as one of the best in the town. They have just been awarded GOLD for Riviera Fine Dining in the Tourism & Hospitality Awards 2013. Well done!

2  Thank Autumn R

Reviewed October 12, 2013

This was a great find, we stayed in Torquay for 1 night and wanted to go somewhere nice for food and picked this one via tripadvisor. We arrived to a great warm welcome. Off the menus I had the crab bisque with king scallops, scallops cooked perfectly, juicy and sweet. The bisque was so delicious creamy but light. For main I had fillet steak with fois gras, morels and truffle oil. I don't think I could of had a more perfect plate of food, I love all these ingredients separately, never mind together and perfectly cooked. I wish we could have fit in pud but the missus was still suffering with the flu and so had to make an exit. But all I can say is that it's worth it, if you think it's dear, it's worth the money!

1  Thank Ollie B
Reviewed October 12, 2013

I chose the Orange Tree as the venue for my wife's recent 50th birthday surprise celebration meal, with family members all travelling over 200 miles each to a beautiful sunny Torquay for the occasion.

As you'd imagine I wanted everything to be perfect for such a special day, and that's exactly what Bernd, Sharon and their brilliant team delivered. Helpful in the organisation, attentive in the service and delivery of a wonderful evening and of course delicious and imaginative food served throughout.

Everyone had such a fantastic evening that I can only say thanks again for making it such a special and enjoyable evening for us all. We look forward to returning to the Orange Tree many times in future and can honestly say that if you get the chance then make sure that dinner at this fabulous restaurant is in your diary.

1  Thank Richj555
Reviewed October 8, 2013

We had a fantastic evening meal at the orange tree, the highlight of our week in torquay,
the hospitality was 1st class from the moment we arrived, the lovely lady certainly knows her job and the young man who she was training will certainly go far with such a kind, understanding boss.
All the food we had was excellent, everything we ate was 1st class and to end our evening they even presented my husband a plate specially decorated for his birthday, really lovely touch, thank you for making our evening so special, and we highly recommend this restaurant to all.

2  Thank kimster_9
Reviewed October 7, 2013

really good food, I had goats cheese starter then a really good fillet steak cooked in a wonderful brandy and peppercorn sauce, and the trio pudding! excellent

1  Thank DBGvegas