“Plentiful food”

Jingles
Ranked #61 of 338 Restaurants in Torquay
Cuisines: American, Mexican
Good for: Special occasions, Kids, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: A popular, family-run business in the heart of Torquay, offering food from Mexico to the Med, and from the America's to the Orient - The New World On A Plate!
Coventry, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Plentiful food”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Was very busy on a Saturday night.Best to book in advance as we had to wait for an hour for a table. The food is as plentiful as many other reviewers have suggested, the quality is more than adequate for the price. The staff are friendly and courteous and didnt have to wait long for food, even on a busy Saturday

Plymouth, United Kingdom
“ok if you like it hot”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

I ordered jerk chicken as only 1 chilli shown on menu but it was far to hot for my pathetic tastebuds - I swopped with my partner for his crab cakes which were very nice! He didn't think it was that hot so very much a matter of taste, so be warned. The décor is in keeping with the theme and was reasonably priced and big portions

Visited September 2013
Bodmin, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Choice Of Food !”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

We kept walking past Jingles many times saying we would try it out but never did until a while ago.
Looks very bright and inviting outside from the street, and once inside its even more fun.
We did book before as it always seems to be very busy with locals and holidaymakers alike.
We were given a very friendly welcome on arrival and shown to our table right next to the bar area.
We had our drinks order taken and given time to look through the huge choice of meals on the menu.
We skipped the starters and went straight for the main meals. We went for the salmon with home fries and half rack of ribs & chicken with home fries.
The food arrived within 15 minutes or so. So were very happy with not waiting too long.
The portions were amazing ! We both really enjoyed our meals, and did`nt leave anything !.
The deserts we both went for ice cream, Do try the chili and lime ice cream..OMG it`s awesome!
We finished with a few coffees and felt we both a had a very good meal.
I have seen the other reviews given to Jingles, some have not been very good.I see many have given it negative reviews. I guess people expect different things when eating out.
I will be going back to Jingles as I could`nt find any faults anywhere. Well Done Jingles !.

• Visited June 2013
Brighton, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“happy eating”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

my partner and myself visited Jingles whilst holidaying in torquay. it was recommended to us by our hotelier and we were not dissappointed.We had a lovely warm welcome from emma and the other two girls who couldnt do enough for us! two huge plates of food were bought out- dave had ribs which were cooked to perfection and i had enchiladas which were great but far too much for me to eat ! we then had the new york cheese cake served with summer fruits which was divine! if we visit torquay again we will be back!

“TERRIBLE!!!!”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

This was one of the worst meals I have had in a long time!!! It was overpriced, looked a mess and most of the food was sent back to the kitchen. The service was slow and at times terribly rude! I would imagine there are much nicer restaurants in Torquay, don't waste your time and money in this one!!

2 Thank Goodfood100