Thank-you Kate, Ed and Lisa. You made us feel most welcome and provided excellent accommodation.Beautiful location and memorable views from our sea front rooms. Expansive beds enabled us to have a good night's sleep after our coastal walking. Our evening meal was a delight and the pork belly roast was something to be savoured. The following morning's breakfast lived up to our expectations.....especially the porridge! One small point to mention was that we felt rushed at the end so that the serve-yourself section could be cleared away. A bit picky of me to mention this as overall the service was excellent. Nothing was too much trouble. We would recommend enyone staying at the Downs to look no further for their evening meal....beautifully cooked and very reasonably priced.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- WINNERS of South Devon B&B, Guest House and Inn of the Year for 2013. 4* GOLD Visit Britain with Breakfast Award 2015 and 4* GOLD AA with Dinner & Breakfast Award for 2015. Situated directly above Babbacombe & Oddicombe beaches, we are a fully licensed family run establishment with 12 en-suite guest rooms, 8 have private balconies which enjoy fabulous unobstructed views across Babbacombe Downs and out over Lyme Bay. We welcome families, young and old, couples and singles alike. All rooms have TVs, direct dial telephones, hospitality trays and free Wi-Fi access. Our spacious restaurant and lounge bar ensures you have plenty of room. Suites are also available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your The Downs, Babbacombe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Downs, Babbacombe Hotel Torquay
- The Downs, Babbacombe Torquay, Devon