Yes yes yes what a find - Kate & Ed run a fabulous B&B which is most definately dog friendly - only restriction is the restaurant but to make up for this they accommadate you & your dogs to have breakfaste or evening meal in the bar. Food is excellent - we were not lucky enough to get a sea view room (as a last minute booking & it was half term) but the room we had was spacious enough for 2 adults & 3 dogs & if you book early even with dogs you can have a room with a sea view - how fab is that just because you have dogs you are not penalised. The Downs is well situated to see round & about - Babbacombe itself has a the lovely Downs a dog walkers haven. There are 2 Beaches (you need to be fit that goes for the dogs too!) but there is a Cliff Railway to get you there & back one is sandy the other pebbles you can walk across to both & stop for a coffee or a bit of luxury for you & the dogs at the famous Cary Arms. Lots of lovely places to visit Torquay - Paignton - Dartmouth via the ferry from Kingswear - Brixham - Teighnmouth - Dawlish & a little further a field is Bigbury on Sea a fabulous expanse of sand when the tides out & you don't get stuck over on Burgh Island as the sea tractor brings you back over to Bigbury well worth a visit (parking expensive at Bigbury!) There is a pub pub on Burgh Island the Pilchard Inn which is renowned for it's 'Curry Night' but unfortunately it was not the day we were there! Well done Kate & Ed you run a suberb quality B&B - I would recommend to anyone especially to those who have had bad experiences with places who say they are dog friendly & when you get there they are obviously not!!!!! The Downs is 100% dog friendly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- WINNERS of South Devon B&B, Guest House and Inn of the Year for 2013. 4* GOLD Visit Britain with Breakfast Award 2015 and 4* GOLD AA with Dinner & Breakfast Award for 2015. Situated directly above Babbacombe & Oddicombe beaches, we are a fully licensed family run establishment with 12 en-suite guest rooms, 8 have private balconies which enjoy fabulous unobstructed views across Babbacombe Downs and out over Lyme Bay. We welcome families, young and old, couples and singles alike. All rooms have TVs, direct dial telephones, hospitality trays and free Wi-Fi access. Our spacious restaurant and lounge bar ensures you have plenty of room. Suites are also available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA and Priceline so you can book your The Downs, Babbacombe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Downs, Babbacombe Hotel Torquay
- The Downs, Babbacombe Torquay, Devon