“Another great meal”

Ranked #46 of 346 Restaurants in Torquay
Cuisines: Steakhouse, British
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Legends at Steps Restaurant is owned and run by husband and wife team Gordon and Jo McCrindle. Gordon and Jo have been running "Legends" for over 12 years. Gordon is the chef who specializes in cooking mouth watering steaks. He has an expertise in homemade sauces to go with the steaks ranging from "au piovre to rossini, and his very own blackbean sauce". All of Gordons dishes are cooked fresh to order and Gordon takes pride in every dish that he cooks. All dishes are accompanied by Fresh vegetables and potatoes. The menu is varied and lots of choices other than steaks. Jo, works front of house and will greet you like a friend or family member. She can answer all of your questions regarding the food and restaurant, and works along side some lovely friendly waitresses. The restaurant itself is divided into to two areas, a bar area and main restaurant area. The bar area is a small but intimate space, a nice area for couples, and the main area can cater up to 26. Candle lit and cosy this restaurant is a lovely place to go for romantic meals or with friends.
english riviera
“Another great meal”
Reviewed December 4, 2013

Another lovely meal in Legends.3 courses for less than £17.00.excellent value,great quality.Faultless.Thanks Jo et all.

Visited November 2013

London, United Kingdom
“very very nice!”
Reviewed December 2, 2013

very nice and relaxing place, confident and professional service, amazing food... I was in Torquay 3 days and had the chance to try it. If I go back to Torquay, this would be a place where I go back to eating for sure!

• Visited December 2013
Paignton, United Kingdom
“King Prawns in Garlic”
Reviewed November 30, 2013

2 friends,My wife and I visited this Saturday ( 30 November 2013 ). We have been a number of times in this their new location and there old one. This I have to say was the best yet.... And they have all been excellent!!!
We all had starters, my wife and her friend had simple garlic bread, the friends husband and I tried the King prawns. What amazing flavour, cooked to perfection and indeed we're King size!!!
A great start to the meal. Next both of us men had the Tornados Rossini, which again was cooked to perfection, incredibly tasty and an exceptional decent size. Both my wife and her friend had Lamb, my wife had cutlets and her friend had the Rack, again very very generous amounts and absolutely delicious.
The service by the staff was exceptional and friendly..... To be honest, it always is when we visit.
The restaurant itself was spotless and a pleasure to visit.
We look forward to our next visit....I know I should try other things on the menu but I'm afraid, I'll probably have the same again because It was so delicious!
A lovely evening spent with friends, great food, great service. Very reasonable price, You couldn't ask for more.

• Visited November 2013
Newton Abbot, United Kingdom
“Bad service”
Reviewed November 23, 2013

Last evening my wife and I with 10 others went to my future daughter in laws birthday bash which was held at Legends. The decor was OK but he restaurant was noisy. I have an hearing aid and I couldn't hear a single word!
It was 20 minutes before the waitress came for our order. Only 4 of us had starters but that took about another 20 minutes. I ordered the Crab Gratin I wasn't impressed. When the main courses came the first 2 plates weren't for our table luckily the steaks weren't touched as the waitress came and took them to the correct table. I had ordered Duck breast with Cointreau sauce! Everybody was served except me when I asked where was mine I was informed that they had run out of duck but they hadn't informed me that it wasn't available. The Maitre D offered me a different dish, I had chicken in Stilton sauce I was informed it would take 5 minutes. I think it was a breast that had been left as the edges were dry. I left most of it. I got it for nothing and a bottle of wine but that is not the point our table bill was for over £300. My son's fiancee was quite upset about the way we were treated.
None of us will go back again!!!

• Visited November 2013
Devon
“The best steak in Town”
Reviewed November 8, 2013 via mobile

Tried Legends again tonight and they still serve the best steaks in town. Great fillet and fantastic wine. Service was fast, efficient and polite. Would recommend to anyone.