“Lovely meal”

Ranked #33 of 357 Restaurants in Torquay
Cuisines: Steakhouse, British
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Legends at Steps Restaurant is owned and run by husband and wife team Gordon and Jo McCrindle. Gordon and Jo have been running "Legends" for over 12 years. Gordon is the chef who specializes in cooking mouth watering steaks. He has an expertise in homemade sauces to go with the steaks ranging from "au piovre to rossini, and his very own blackbean sauce". All of Gordons dishes are cooked fresh to order and Gordon takes pride in every dish that he cooks. All dishes are accompanied by Fresh vegetables and potatoes. The menu is varied and lots of choices other than steaks. Jo, works front of house and will greet you like a friend or family member. She can answer all of your questions regarding the food and restaurant, and works along side some lovely friendly waitresses. The restaurant itself is divided into to two areas, a bar area and main restaurant area. The bar area is a small but intimate space, a nice area for couples, and the main area can cater up to 26. Candle lit and cosy this restaurant is a lovely place to go for romantic meals or with friends.
Reviewed July 7, 2013

We booked a table as had heard that on a Saturday night it was advisable so not to be disappointed. Nice cosy restaurant, we had the set 3 course meals for £16.95 and in our opinion we had good quality food at a reasonable price.

Reviewed July 4, 2013

So glad legends is back very upset to see it had gone but was delighted when I found it had reopened. Go here every year as I visit Torquay many times a year. Best restaurant in Torquay by far!!!

Reviewed July 4, 2013

I recently enjoyed one of the best steaks I have ever eaten which was accompanied with a mouth-watering stilton sauce. Usually with steaks you get, in other restaurants, are fairly flat steak where medium-rare is actually medium. However, when the steak arrived in front of me, my eyes popped out of my head, the steak was nice and plump (1.5 inches thick), it was juicy, it was medium rare to perfection. Me being a steak guru I couldn't have asked for more. I was just gutted I didn't go there on my first night of my two night stop over as I could have eaten nearly every dish from the menu. Also, on top of that the service was polite and friendly, and the beer was good. I have recommended you to the delegates I was training in Torquay.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

6 of us for family meal. Great food and service. Portion sizes are always excellent here, including the fixed course menu at £16.95 which 2 of our group had which was excellent value. I had Tournedos Rossini which was excellent, crab starter good and desserts seem to have improved. Chef really knows how to cook a steak and I think they do the best steaks around.

Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

It was our first visit to legends at steps and will definitely be returning.
My wife and I both had steak and both were cooked to perfection.
Waitress was very helpful and cheerful.
Looking forward to returning very soon