“Brill(iant)”

Number 7 Fish Bistro
Ranked #7 of 339 Restaurants in Torquay
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Weston-Super-Mare
“Brill(iant)”
Reviewed January 19, 2014

My wife and I enjoyed another wonderful meal here at this great little restaurant. Living someway away from Torquay we do not get to eat here as often as we would like. The food was excellent, my piri piri prawn starter and a main course of prawns, cod, salmon and lemon sole in the lightest tempura with 3 dips was amazing. My wife had the tempura dish as a starter followed by lemon sole cooked two ways.
The atmosphere and the helpful staff make this restaurant a must for anyone who enjoys good quality fresh fish.

2 Thank Michael F

St Helens, United Kingdom
“Outstanding on every level...”
Reviewed January 18, 2014

To be absolutely honest there's nothing I can add to the reviews already here for the Number 7 Fish Bistro. Outstanding doesn't do it justice. We we're in Torquay for the weekend for the football, so win, lose or draw I was looking for a good fish restaurant for our evening meal. Having done a search on Google, Number 7 came up, next stop tripadvisor. Having read the reviews my appetite was whetted and my expectations set high. We weren't disappointed. There is something for every fish lover on the menu. The days selection is brought to table fresh and uncooked for you to view before ordering, which is a nice touch. Our meals were absolutely perfect from the starters, through main course to desert. The service is excellent, friendly, attentive, and we never felt rushed. This is by far the best fish restaurant we've ever had the pleasure of dining in. Our bill came to £93 for the two of us, which included 2 starters, 2 main courses, 2 deserts, 1 cider, 2 glasses of wine, 1 hot chocolate and a coffee. Believe me, I would happily have paid more. A trip to Torquay is wasted without calling in at Number 7! Personally I would recommend phoning or emailing first to book a table to avoid disappointment.

1 Thank ClaretPaul
Merthyr Tydfil, United Kingdom
“Fish lunch”
Reviewed January 17, 2014

My husband and I had lunch in this restaurant today just after we arrived in Torquay for the weekend and noticed it by chance on our walk into town after we had checked into our hotel.
So pleased we decided to stop and have lunch here as the menu outside looked so appealing and especially as my husband knows how much I love fish.
My husband had French onion soup to start and I had a fish cake - both were delicious. My husband then had a second starter as his main course (king prawns/smoked salmon and sardines) and I had the fish pie lunchtime special. Both excellent.
I would recommend this restaurant to any fish lover and will certainly return next time we're in the area.

south devon
“A GREAT FIND !”
Reviewed January 12, 2014

Had really lovely "birthday" meal last evening. Place was packed .... we had a 2 hour slot !!!

Really good menu for fish lovers, and good selection of meals ...I had large prawns for a starter cooked in garlic, and for the mail meal, salmon wrapped in plaice with cheese sauce . The veg was yellow beetroot, which was lovely, and leek and red cabbage.

Will visit again.

1 Thank kezziedog
Torquay
“No other Plaice! like it”
Reviewed December 13, 2013

This is by far the best Fish Restaurant in Devon. We own a small hotel in the Bay and over the 10(nearly 11) years we have been here, have visited Number 7 on several occasions, Lunch and dinner and it has never failed to impress us! The last visit was 3rd December celebrating my husbands birthday which was on the 1st, as the restaurant is closed in the winter months on a Sunday and Monday we just had to delay the celebrations until the Tuesday. And wow well worth waiting for as usual! Always a welcome smile awaits us when we arrive! Paul, Oliver and their team always go that little extra mile to make us feel very welcome. Fantastic atmosphere and the food is always excellent, As I am a bit fussy when it comes to fish, heads and tails and bones Oliver always makes sure mine is filleted. We always recommend our guest's to Number 7, they always come back with glowing reviews. Well done guys looking forward to my next visit,

• Visited December 2013