“Excellent Guest House”

Avenue Park Guest House
Ranked #34 of 150 Torquay B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 12, 2012

Very warm welcome on arrival, even though we were late! Sandra and family were friendly and informative regarding local restaurants and attractions. Room very clean and tidy, bed really comfortable, breakfast superb! Everything we could ask for was supplied. Cannot think of a thing that was negative, had a really lovely stay and would definitely recommend and go back.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 29, 2012

Had a couple of nights here at the beginning of June.
Clean and comfortable room
Very helpful owner and breakfast was excellent. Shame the weather was awful!.
Would stay there again

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 17, 2012

The Avenue B&B is situated away from the bustal of the town but within walking distance of everything we wanted to do, including the rail station. Lovely accommodation, service and breakfast. Sandra is a fountain of knowledge regarding the area. She is friendly and approachable . We left feeling that we would like to visit Torquay again and would definitely book in at Avenue Park again.

Reviewed June 17, 2012 via mobile

I had to go to Torquay for a 3 day conference so needed a B&B close to the centre, and then decided that me and my partner should make a weekend off it after I finish, so I booked a standard single room for the conference during the week and a delux double for the weekend

When I arrived and was warmly greeted and I was extremely and pleasantly surprised that Sandra had very kindly put me in the delux double for the duration of my stay at no extra cost due to the room being 'available' whilst I was at the conference.

I found the room very impressive, nicely decorated and well appointed spotlessly clean and well maintained. The bed was amazingly comfortable and the views out over the park where great (especially as I'm a mad runner and there is a running track marked out on the green that called to me to go training there most days), the road can be a little noisy but it certainly didn't disturb our stay or sleep.

Breakfasts where awesome with a great supply of cereals and fresh fruit yogurts etc which I enjoyed during the week and the cooked full English at the weekend was just as good

I can't fault the Avenue Park, it's a really great B&B in an ideal central location with immaculate rooms great breakfast and a lovely owner, I thoughly enjoyed my stay and would highly recommend it to all

Reviewed June 17, 2012

After searching for a while for somewhere to go with my husband for a couple of nights, I came across the avenue park. It lives up to other reviews, its a lovely place to stay, with very very clean rooms & en-suites, tasty breakfasts offering a variety of choices & smiling hosts. Overall a great time was spent here, in walking distance of the main high street shops & restaurants, highly recommended!!

Reviewed May 20, 2012

Only stayed one night, 19 May 2012, to attend a family party but Sandra phoned the night before to give helpful directions from the train station and she was a very friendly and welcoming hostess. The room was very clean and obviously newly refurbished and the bed was really comfortable. Breakfast was just right.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Janice687
Reviewed May 18, 2012

We arrived on the 13th May 2012 for 3 nights stay. My boyfriend and I were offered an opitional upgrade to a bigger room, which we took advantage of. The room was very clean, cosy and very welcoming. Sandra was a great host; very kind, polite and made us feel right at home. The cooked breakfast was gorgeous every morning. Avenue Park is in a great location, walking distance from the beach and harbour. We enjoyed lovely strolls out and about enjoying the scenery. Would definitely recommend this b&b to friends and family wishing to visit Torquay. Thank you Sandra for sharing your home with us. (Reena and Badrul)

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple