“Not justified”

The Babbacombe Bay Cafe
Ranked #72 of 349 Restaurants in Torquay
Cuisines: French, Seafood, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Award winning coffee shop/bistro serving breakfast, lunch, high teas and evening menu. Cakes and scones made daily by the chefs. Lunchtime and evening specials freshly cooked.
Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

There are a lot of negatives on here about this place. I want to say that I have no financial interest in this place at all or do I work there in any capacity. So.....I had a small problem on my first visit in June this was rectified by the boss immediately and a voucher emailed to me that day. We all have problems right? When I visit, the staff are always excellent and helpful. The food has been sorted....in my opinion. The decor is modern and clean the prices are fair. I would and will recommend this place. It is new and there have been issues but I like the way its maturing. Give it a go. I repeat....I have no interest in this place other than being a customer.

There are newer reviews for The Babbacombe Bay Cafe

Reviewed July 1, 2014

I have only ever eaten at this hotel so cannot comment on the rooms etc. However the location is wonderful. I always choose this hotel to take my friends as it is my favourite in the Torquay area. In the past I have been stuck as to where I can take my visitors for a bite to eat and a pot of tea etc. not any longer though as I know this eatery is sure to please. The food is tasty and plentiful and the breakfast 'sailors' is a treat. The decor is tasteful with comfy chairs, the view is breathtaking. The staff are welcoming and polite and It's my little bit of heaven.

2  Thank Phyllis N
Reviewed June 30, 2014

With French family visiting, dinner is often a problem, but our table of 8 booked at this lovely hotel restaurant did not disappoint. Chef Michele and his team excelled themselves, serving a wonderful selection of the freshest sea-food and fish, plus two perfectly cooked steaks. All guests were served simultaneously - no waiting to start! The service was impeccable, with friendly, attentive yet unobtrusive staff.

In all, a joyous setting, delicious food and a warm welcome - what more can you ask>

2  Thank Kerdruc
Reviewed June 29, 2014

What can I say we have had every meal going with you breakfast,lunch and dinner each time we came here we are not disappointed.A great big thank you to Veronica one of your great team who recognised us and made us feel extra special,what a great start to the day.We all enjoyed our breakfast outside in the sunshine !! Can't wait to visit you again I think that this is about our 5/6 time .Please give your staff a big pat on the back .

Reviewed June 23, 2014

I visited the hotel for bite to eat Sunday , the place was very busy but I chose an omelette and was served very quickly , no complaints , it was piping hot and served with spicy chips and salad , I called back later that day to hav coffee and scone , the scone was obviously heated in a microwave but when it cooled it was rock hard which often happens if heating food by this method , the scones weren't particularly tasty either , bit heavy and dense , I would give it another try but hopefully they can rectify the problem as the competition in that area is great and many establishments there serve delicious scones

2  Thank Marie B