“Brilliant family run hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Shirley Hotel

Shirley Hotel
Ranked #14 of 153 Torquay B&B and Inns
essex
“Brilliant family run hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2009

We decided to go to torquay for a few days following our wedding and booked the Shirley via the internet mainly for its closeness to the harbour and amenities. What a brilliant choice! We had our 2 year old daughter Lily with us and the website we booked through said it was a family friendly place - what an understatement! Debbie, Gary and Adam were all fantastic with her and did everything they could to make our stay with them as comfortable as possible.
The cooked breakfasts in the morning were delicious and set us up for the day. There was a wide choice of other breakfast foods available and they even offered to buy strawberries for my fussy daughter! They recommended loads of places that were great for Lily and really helped us keep her busy and make the most of our time in Torquay.
We will definately be visiting The Shirley again, we had a brilliant holiday and can't thank them enough for all they did for us.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Hook
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2009

My friends and I went away to get away from it all and relax, and thats what we did! Debbie, Garry and Adam were so welcoming and made you feel "at home" from the minute you walk through the door. The rooms are clean, fresh and very relaxing the best nights sleep I have had in a long time.
I am recommending it to my family and friends, I may treat my husband and children to a week there next year if they behave!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with friends
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2009

Save yourself at least £20 an book direct if you want to top quality B&B in Torquay. I don't think I've stayed in a more impressive B&B anywhere, boasting high ceiling, lovely decor, a lounge/bar, dining area, not to mention the excellent room we stayed in.

The hosts Debbie & Gary were like old friends, and all of their staff were the same, they couldn't have made our stay any better. I'm definitely going back, though for longer!

1 Thank Nardies
Grays Thurrock, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2009

Lovely hosts who gave just the right amount of attention. Our room was spotless and very comfy with wonderful linens. We slept like babies! Virtualy no street noise although only a short walk down to all the shops and restaurants, very well located. The breakfast was delicious, cooked to order with fresh fruit salad avaiable and even veggie sausages if wanted.
We came to relax and unwind, and our hosts provided the perfect spot to do just that! We will be recommending to all we know that will be visiting the area and plan to return ourselves.

nw england
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2009

People say you should never return to somewhere, the memories are neverthe same as the reality. This hotel proves the exception. Another excellent stay was had by my husband and I.

I highly recommend this hotel.

Milton Keynes
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2009

The owners are warm, welcoming and excellent hosts. The room was immaculate and very comfortable - I had a great nights kip. Breakfast was great fun and set me up for the day. The hotel is within walking distance of everything in Torquay.

Highly recommended 5/5.......... I'll definitely stay there again when I go back to Torquay.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled solo
Derby, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2009

My wife and I have just enjoyed a short three nights stay at the Shirley hotel where I had first visited on a business trip last year.

The fact that we enjoyed the stay so much was down to the super hospitality of our hosts, Debbie, Gary, and Adam(My wife's favourite), The hotel has continued to be improved and was very clean and fresh.

Nothing is too much trouble for the staffs and everyone is made to feel very welcome and at home. The excellent breakfast sets you up for the day.

Highly recommended and excellent value again.

Ian & Steph