Ashley Court Hotel
  • Breakfast included
Ascot House Hotel(Torquay)
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
All reviewschris chaplinbit datedcoach holidaywaitress servicenightly entertainmentbar pricesturkey tinselnational holidaysevery eveningexcellent value for moneytea and coffeeenjoyable stayfirst classtown centrebingo
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 30, 2013

we returned 27th dec 2013 from a turkey and tinsel few days at this awful/dirty hotel with my 12 year old daughter, having been a head housekeeper for a long time I would not let a dog stay in this hotel for free, the rooms where disgusting and filthy along with the pillows and mattress covers, there were empty ice cream containers all over the place (including on the seating in the main lounge which someone knocked over only to cover a ladies feet) to catch the rain water from the leaking roof, upon arrival the first thing I noticed was the horrible carpets/wonky mirror and picture on the wall as you come in the front door so that was not a good start, there where 4 of us in our party and my key was just put on the reception desk for room 67 no welcome from the miserable receptionist or explanation of what the second key was for, most of the carpets were threadbare and filthy, the hot water was either scolding hot or freezing cold (no happy medium) the management really need a lesson in customer care as extremely rude, the manager on Christmas morning came looking for the cleaner and came to my door which i answered to hand her a bunch of keys and didn't even speak a word to me (not a friendly man) I also ordered 2 alcoholic drinks 1 for me and 1 for my over 60 year old friend only to be asked by the managers mother who was serving behind the bar that night if I was buying it for my 12 year old daughter to be honest I don't know which of the managers parents was the rudest as they both worked behind the bar, the food was ok and the restaurant and cleaning staff where nice but I would never recommend this hotel to my worst enemy and I certainly would never ever return even for free, the manager went around the hotel trying to mask the smells with the most horrendous strong lemon spray that really made your eyes water but never improved the hotel in the slightest, 1* hotel for 5* prices

9  Thank Linda T
Reviewed December 25, 2013

We went to this hotel on a turkey & tinsel trip, the hotel was very nicely decorated for xmas, that was about it, the rooms were very tired and in desperate need of a refurbishment, we reported that we had no tv remote control in the room and were told that we didn't need one as they only had the orignal 5 channels as it cost too much to have digital installed.
In the room the old tv was perched on top of an old chest of drawers and the mountain of dust behind the tv and up the side of it must have been there from last year it was so thick.
The food was very good and hot, plenty of choice too, but the staircase opposite the dining room was thread-bare and thick with grease, in need of a good clean.
The owner seemed to be very miserable and not at all socialable.
Also a lady on our coach trip pointed out the filth on the skirting board just to the left of the front door not a very good impression to guest's at all.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Patricia B
Reviewed December 22, 2013

Just returned from Leisuretime overnight stay at this Hotel, and cannot fault it at all. I had read mixed reviews on this Hotel, so wasn't sure what to expect. Hotel was spotless, Owner & Staff couldn't do enough for you, food & rooms excellent. What more can I say

Room Tip: We stayed in Room 30 & very pleases
2  Thank geralex46
Reviewed December 11, 2013

been to the hotel again last week. always a welcome, good food as always. how they do it for the price? drinks are cheaper than the pubs and entertainment too. anything you want just ask. looking forward to the next trip.

2  Thank 900jeff1957
Reviewed December 6, 2013

Had a wonderful trip with Diamond Holidays to the Eden project and a day in Bath, the only gripe is the hotel the company chose. We can only describe it as very dated and tired, a 1960 - 70s time warp. The decor is dated and worn as are the paisley carpets, there is an overwhelming smell of damp when you enter the hotel, the furniture looks like its been purchased from a local charity. The bedrooms are a mish mash of assorted dated furniture with 1970s pink headboards and old small outdated crt tvs mounted on wall brackets, and I'm sure the showers were installed by Basil Faulty, faulty being the operative word, although you do get hot water ( eventually, ) the bed was very lumpy due to worn mattress and springs.To be fair if your going to stay at this hotel, some positive points, the staff were friendly and polite, the bedding was fresh and clean, and the food was good, always promptly served and hot. And the evening entertainment was passable. Its a two star hotel, so be aware of this before you book. If your with a coach company you will have to go with the flow.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple