Riviera Hotel
$77
$81
PremierInn.com
1,044 results
All reviewsrainbow hotelnational holidaysbuffet styleplenty of choicebit datedbreakfast and dinnerhalf boardcoach holidaybar priceseach eveningporridgeexcellent value for moneysea frontlong weekendgreat weekendtown centrecouldn't fault
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 24, 2014

we stayed in this hotel back in april. we had a five night stay there. the entertainment wasnt to bad and hotel staff quite pleasant. our stay was bed breakfast and evening meal. on the fourth night i ordered the cheesecake which was green underneath. i did complain and they told me it was the berries that was making it that colour. and still insisted after writing a letter of complaint. there is no way a fruit cheesecake with berries in it make it go green. they have now taken the cheesecake off the menu what a surprise!! we will not be returning to this hotel again and that was our first time staying there. they never even gave us a complimentary stay or anything. not good

Room Tip: room at back of hotel
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank marie r
Roger H, Operations Manager at Riviera Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2014

Dear Marie R

We are glad you enjoyed the entertainment and found the staff pleasant. As previously discussed, the berry cheesecake was perfectly fine, it was where the fruit had leaked through to the bottom of the cheesecake; we no longer use the cheesecake to help eliminate confusion. An alternative sweet/dessert was offered to you, however you refused this. 32 portions of the cheesecake were served that night with no other complaints received. We are unable to offer you a complimentary stay and am sorry you would not return otherwise.

Kindest Regards

Reviewed June 22, 2014

check the bed is sound as I fell out of a broken bed and broke my arm in three places and received no help whatsoever from the hotel staff. As all meals were buffet style it was very difficult trying to get food one handed and although plenty of staff stood around waiting to removed used dishes no-one seemed willing to help.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
7  Thank Wendy C
Reviewed June 19, 2014

I stayed at the hotel for 3 nights last week. Having read the reviews I was not expecting luxury! I found the hotel to be very average. It was rather shabby and not particularly clean, my bed cover had toothpaste marks on it and the floor and wood work in our room needed a good clean particularly behind the furniture. One socket in a family room was not enough. There was a noisy wedding party on the Saturday which meant it was difficult to sit in the reception area, lots of children running around unsupervised. Thankfully our bedroom was unaffected by the noise. I asked to use a hairdryer and was asked for a £10 deposit. We could manage our own luggage but an elderly lady was told she would need to put her bag out before 7am if she wanted it brought downstairs. As breakfast didn't start until 7.45 this seemed unreasonable as she wouldn't have access to her belongings. The food in the restaurant was fine, normal fare with a buffet offering some "specials" Drinks were expensive so we went out for a walk and had a drink by the lovely marina. OK if you do not have high expectations, typical old seaside hotel that has seen better days.

Room Tip: Room 239 was a good walk from reception with a few stairs but was quiet and looked on to garden.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Ellen963
Reviewed June 8, 2014

No hot water in the hotel on arrival! One guest told me he hadn't had hot water for more than a day! However I mentioned it at the reception before going out for dinner and when we returned a couple of hours later the water was hot! Our room was very dated and the ensuite definitely needed some attention as the grouting was falling out! But the room was mostly clean and tidy! The main problem were the windows! We had a huge bay window, but quite a shallow room! The result was that it was like a green house and only one of the windows opened to let any air in! The window couldn't be latched open as the latch was broken! The curtains didn't keep any light out and so we work up to a very bright room very early in the morning! Pool was nice and very quiet! And the staff helpful and polite. I wouldn't stay again but then I'm not sure I would go to torquay again! Only stayed 1 night and it was quite adequate especially for the price!

Room Tip: No idea the picture on the website look much better than the room I had! However some guest on the ground floor were very small with no view!
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Sally R
Reviewed June 1, 2014

I stayed at the hotel for two nights to see a show and I was pleasantly surprised. Hotel staff friendly and helpful, room clean and tidy, food was of superb quality, lots of choice and catered for everybody. There could be a couple of little tweaks but these would only be minor e.g. Rental of fans for rooms because they can become quite warm and different eggs for breakfast e.g. Scrambled or/and poached.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends