Trecarn Hotel
  • Breakfast included
The Marstan(Torquay)
$103
$98
Yardley Manor Hotel(Torquay)(Great Value!)
$65
The Imperial Torquay(Torquay)
$86
$77
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
1,359 results
All reviewsa ground floor roomentertainment every nightplenty of hot waterexcellent value for moneyplenty of choiceplymouthquiz
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Took my mum on a long weekend with national coaches found the staff very helpful and friendly.The rooms a bit outdated and could do with decorating and some modern furniture but was comfortable i thought the food was good always fresh and plenty. good value for your money

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank julie185
SteveKing1969, General Manager at Trecarn Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2013

So glad to read you enjoyed your recent stay with us. We are actually in the process of updating a few more rooms over the next few weeks, so perhaps if you choose to return you could ring first and request a refurbished room. Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed April 16, 2013

Went with National for a weekend break Never again It was cheap yes but nasty It was so bad if I could have come home after 1 night I would have The breakfast on Saturday was inedible I sent it back and wasnt offered anything else. Other meals were ok but portions were small. The window in the room didnt fit properly and due to the windy weather the curtains were blowing and the room was cold Mentioned it to the staff and although it was looked at I wasnt offered another room and was told maintenance dont work weekends All over the hotel there were signs of neglect (torn wallpaper etc)

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
7  Thank maryc02

Sorry to read you didnt enjoy your recent stay with us. We do offer budget holidays, but also deliver a good service which it would appear you didnt feel you received. I hope you can find somewhere more suitable for your holiday needs, even if it does mean spending more money. Coast & Country Hotels may be more suited to your requirements.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

we just had a a 4 night stay at this hotel all in all we had room 2o6 then ask 2 move as this one was hanging got room 137 this one was not to bad but very cold we had no hot water or some time it was just warm the food wasnt very nice and meal times was very limited and if you ask for more you got look at funny enteainment was know good ok if you like bingo on the last night are room got flooded my the room aboch so we move again so move 2 room 148!!!! do not stop here!!

Room Tip: know tip to give
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Janie C
SteveKing1969, General Manager at Trecarn Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2013

Sorry to read that you experienced some problems during your stay. I am sure you can appreciate that a leak from a room above is unfortunate and not something we could prevent. I hope you find a suitable destination for future breaks, and perhaps the Coast & Country Hotels would be more suited to your needs if you prefer a more luxurious break

Reviewed April 15, 2013

I have just spent a week at this Shearing's hotel on a self drive basis. It is the second Shearing's hotel that I have stayed at and I found it to be a pleasant stay overall.

On a positive note the staff were very friendly and competent, especially the barman, who I expect will become manager in a few years! The food was tasty, although I wasn't sure that it was of the quality of The Valley of the Rocks Shearing hotel, where I have also stayed.

The single room was compact but had everything I required, including a new bed, as this room had recently had a lick of paint - otherwise known as a refurbishment! I have to say though that the bed was very comfortable.

The hotel location is very good for cliff views, walks and close to The Babacombe theatre. It is a fair distance into Torquay itself - around £5 in the taxi. Personally I enjoyed the location.

The hotel entertainment on the other hand was the best that I have experienced with Shearings and was suitable for all ages!

Overall, although not my best Shearing's hotel experience, I would certainly stay again but I would like to know why I was charged a single person supplement and was then given a single room. If I had had a double then I would have understood.

Room Tip: Make sure you get clear instructions at reception where your room is. Most people spent a couple of days trying to find their way out again!!! (It's a bit of a maze which is not helped by signs telling you that the reception is in 2 opposite directions and I don't need Sat Nav normally!)
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank Toptraveller73

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay with us. I am pleased that you enjoyed your visit and also that you would consider us for another one. I think we are very fortunate to be situated so close to Babbacombe with the Downs and the theatre just two of the local attractions, it is actually sunny today and the views across the bay are breathtaking. Hopefully we will see you again soon (and you get the nice weather!)

Reviewed April 15, 2013

Arrived on 12th April 2013 on a 3 night National Holiday break. This hotel is situated in Babbercombe a short distance from Torquay. A great location with a 10 minute walk to the seafront. The hotel rooms were dated but clean. The standard of food was very good. the staff were hard working and very friendly. Evening entertainment was also good. We paid £99 each which was excellent value for money.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Mancsolihull

So pleased to read that you enjoyed your recent short break with us. I hope you will consider another visit in the future. Thank you taking the time to post a review