The Elmdene
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
$85
PremierInn.com
All reviewsfudgeperfect hostsfluffy bathrobesfiltered waterfirst classsea frontdressing gownshigh standardlocal producefull englishbiscuitson arrivalbus stopwarm welcomeextra touchesfresh milkthought of everything
Reviewed May 26, 2013

We enjoyed our stay at The Elmdene.The breakfast were very good and the scrambled eggs were the best I have ever had.Large sized bedrooms with everything you would need and more.Quite close to Torquay centre no need to take the car.Andy was very helpful giving us a few ideas on places for an evening meal.We really enjoyed our stay nothing was too much trouble. Thank you for our holiday break at The Elmdene.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 20, 2013

My husband and I stayed at The Elmdene with my elderly parents for a long weekend break. Andy and Carol I would like to thank you again for making our stay so perfect. My parents are in their 80's and nothing was too much trouble for Andy and Carol . Starting with the wonderful and beautiful location and surroundings, followed by private parking to a lovely welcome with fresh pots of tea and chocolate cookies. The bedrooms were wonderful with luxurious white cotton bedding with the softest white towels and bath robes I have ever felt.
Breakfasts were fantastic and as I have already said nothing was too much trouble for the hosts.
We have only been home 2 hours and we are already looking in our diary to see when we can visit The Elmdene again.
Thanks Andy and Carol, see you soon and thanks for making my elderly parents feel so spoilt and special, see you soon.

Room Tip: All rooms ultra modern, bedding luxury white cotton with soft cushions and heavenly mattress
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 17, 2013

Andy and Carol are running a fantastic B&B with thoughtful service, rooms, meals & atmosphere. More luxury comforts than expected, & particularly for the reasonable room rates; soft robes, comfy chairs, fantastic beds, suitcase racks, fridge & edible treats. Breakfasts were great! Parking is on site & property is in a good location. All in all a wonderful stay & we wish Carol & Andy every success! Will recommend & wouldn't hesitate to stay again.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 11, 2013

On arrival we were greeted by Andy and Carol and were informed of the breakfast times. A pot of tea and beautiful chocolate brownies were brought up to our fabulous room. The Hotel is immaculate and furnished to a very high standard. We loved the fluffy towels and all the small things had been thought of. I had forgotten to bring some hair conditioner and Carol provided me with some. We are certainly missing the Elmdene breakfasts - all locally sourced produce and the apple juice was 'to die for'. Can't wait to return.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank judith T
Reviewed May 11, 2013

My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay, we found it to be exceptionally clean and peaceful. Carol and Andy were attentive hosts and provided my own personal benchmark which is a superb breakfast!! Was a pleasure to meet then both and without hesitation would highly recommend their hotel and would certainly stay again when next in Torquay!

• Stayed: May 2013