Crown Lodge Bed and Breakfast
The Richwood(Torquay)
  • Bar/Lounge
The Belmont(Torquay)
View Hotel
All reviewsb bwet roombuyagift voucherbuy a gift vouchermini fridgetorre stationsea frontroom was spotlessbusy roadeverything you could possibly needguest houseoff road parkingvery comfortable stayfirst classshort stayironing boardpleasant walk
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 4, 2013

I can not recommend Crown Lodge Hotel enough. The rooms are very comfortable, with all the facilities you might expect from a top class hotel. Everywhere was immaculately clean and fresh and the breakfasts were to die for!! John and Lynda are the perfect hosts and extremely accommodating, without being intrusive - spot on!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Mary L
Lynda L, Owner at Crown Lodge Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2013

Thank you for leaving such a nice review. We appreciate you taking the time to do this for us. Glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to see you again next year.
Lynda

Reviewed June 4, 2013

I had a stroke six years ago and this was the first holiday I has been on on my own so I was very nervous, I chose Torquay because I had lived there for a year (well actually Teignmouth!) and I liked it very much. I chose half a dozen hotels with wheelchair access and emailed them but no one replied! Well apart from the Crown Lodge.......who replyed within minutes. I spoke to John who demonstrated his complete understanding of my circumstanes and booked me in to the disabled accessible room and put my mind at rest! He even offered me a free taxi from the station!! When I got there the place looked very normal from the outside, but the outside didnt prepare you for the inside! It was luxurios!! My bedroom was on the ground floor (duh!!) and it was big. It had a recilar double bed and a wet room but everything was just right!! I have travelled round the world in my well days but this is the best accomadation I have stayed in.

Room Tip: Any of the six rooms!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Grumpyyoungman
Lynda L, Owner at Crown Lodge Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2013

So pleased you enjoyed your first solo holiday, especially as it was with us. Thank you for taking the time to leave this review for us, and to say that this is the best accommodation you've stayed in is praise indeed.
It was a pleasure to meet you David, and I'm not sure why your nickname is grumpyyoungman as we didn't find you grumpy at all!!
Best Wishes,
Lynda & John

Reviewed June 2, 2013

My wife and I booked in for 2 nights only but were then sorry that we were not staying for a full week! We were made very welcome, the room was excellent with comfortable beds and lovely fluffy towels. Substantial breakfasts were freshly cooked to order and set us up for the day. Personal touches in the room helped to make this a very enjoyable stay and we would have no hesitation in returning to the Crown Lodge on our next visit to Torquay or recommending Crown Lodge for your stay. Well done Lynda and John, from Brian and Yvonne.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Brian G
Lynda L, Owner at Crown Lodge Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

Hello Brian,
thank you for taking the time to do not just one but two reviews (this +the one on the booking site you used)
We would love to have you come back for a week next time!! Glad you enjoyed your short break with us.
regards,
John and Lynda

Reviewed May 31, 2013

Stayed for a week at the Crown Lodge Hotel with my husband and so glad we found this B&B hotel. It was very clean and comfortable, with lovely rooms and brilliant breakfasts. John and Lynda are great hosts and make you feel very well looked after. We visited various places near Torquay either by car or using the local bus service which Lynda had explained to us (the Hop 12 bus for example). There was plenty to choose from for breakfast, good quality food and Lynda is a super cook; the big breakfasts certainly set you up for the whole day. Crown Lodge is excellent value for money and would definitely recommend this little gem in the English Riviera. Thank you to John and Lynda, from Ken & Debbie.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Nice to know that you think of us as a little gem! We aim to help every guest to enjoy their holiday in whatever way we can, with the standards we provide here as well as useful local information. We've always apreciated it when we've been away ourselves.It's annoying to get home and then find out you missed something you would have loved to have seen/done.
Torquay and the surrounding area are so lovely whether you walk, take the bus/train or go by car there's so much to see and do.
Thank you for your review.
John and Lynda

Reviewed May 30, 2013

With my wife and eldest daughter I stayed four nights at the Crown Lodge, using as a base for sight seeing in Devon and nearby Cornwall. When we arrived we were met by landlady Linda who made feel very welcome. She explained all of the facilities for the hotel and the local area, particularly the local bus service. This we found particularly helpful as we used it each evening to go to the harbour district.

The rooms were very comfortable and well appointed, nothing to criticize at all. Very, very clean. Our daughter was very pleased with her king sized room, which was the deciding point for her, along with the price when she booked the hotel for us.

The breakfasts were the stars of the show. I managed the farm house special just once, it was enormous, quite the best breakfast I have eaten in a hotel. Top class ingredients and plenty of them.

Would I use the Crown Lodge again? DEFINITELY!!

Would I recommend the Crown Lodge? DEFINITELY!!

Clean, comfortable, friendly and excellent value for money.

Well done John & Linda.

Room Tip: The Crown Lodge only has six rooms. All are excellent. Ground floor rooms are available for customers with mobility problems.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank john m

DEFINITELY one of the best reviews to date, though we appreciate each and every one.
Recommendations are the best advertisement there is and we thank you for yours.
Lynda and John