Crown Lodge Bed and Breakfast
$84
$77
$81
PremierInn.com
All reviewsb bwet roombuyagift voucherbuy a gift vouchermini fridgetorre stationsea frontroom was spotlessbusy roadeverything you could possibly needguest houseoff road parkingvery comfortable stayfirst classshort stayironing boardpleasant walk
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 11, 2012

I am just on my way back from a long weekend stay at this b&b and I never normally write reviews but I just had to say what a great place to stay this is. The rooms are a nice size and impeccably clean with some lovely finishing touches that just show the care and detail that the owners have. They were so friendly and welcoming on arrival without being over the top. The food here was also great. The reviews I looked at all show them getting 5 stars and I can understand why, I would recommend anyone to stay here and if we went back to Torquay I would book this place again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: November 2012
Lynda L, Owner at Crown Lodge Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2012

Recommendations are absolutely the best for us, so thank you so much for this review.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

We have just stayed for three nights had an amazing room and all the facilities you could ask for. The room was immaculately clean and very good decor. Nice crisp white sheets and fluffy towels. A really homely place to stay. Excellent breakfast menu and our hosts were very friendly and capable gave us maps for surrounding area and local attractions. When we arrived john asked if i would prefer fresh milk for the tea and coffee i said yes and he went downstairs he arrived a few minutes later with the milk so he put it in the fridge that evening i used the milk. When we came back the next day i was going to ask for more milk went to the fridge and it was already done. Its little things that count. WELLDONE

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Andrew T

"WOW" from us too! Thank you for such a lovely review. We do try to go the extra mile for all our guests and it's nice to know that people appreciate it.

Reviewed October 21, 2012

I'm a 26 year old single professional and stayed at the guest house for a wedding. I had arranged a late book in due to trains- the male owner was extremely helpful and even carried my case up stairs.
The room was a decent size and very clean (I even checked the top of the wardrobe) the decor was agreeable and the bed was laid with crisp white linen. The room had facilities for ironing and a hairdryer.
The bed had a lovely fluffy duvet and nice soft pillows.
The en suite was a good size, my only qualm was the shower wasn't exactly a power shower.
The breakfast was obviously homemade and had a decent selection, I was constantly offered more tea and toast and the hosts took the time to ask about my stay each time.
I would recommend this hotel for couples or singles, it has a lovely home atmosphere

• Stayed: October 2012

Thank you for leaving this review for us, we do appreciate it. You're right it isn't a power shower, but at least because it's electric there is always hot water!
Maybe we'll see you when you come down for a christening??

Reviewed October 19, 2012

We stayed for three nights recently had a very comfortable room with tea and coffee facilities along with a mini fridge for water/wine and our hosts thoughtfully supplied fresh milk every day.
Our breakfasts were absolutely excellent, probably some of the best scrambled eggs I've eaten and I get about a bit !!
Our hosts were very informative , the hotel is ideally situated for Torre station just a few minutes walk and in fact we only used public transport the entire time we were there. Do go to Dartmouth on the steam train, a fun experience and lovely way to see the coast and countryside.
I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Crown Lodge.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, and glad you enjoyed your stay with us,
regards,

Reviewed October 9, 2012

I half expected to bump into Manuel and the Major from Fawlty Towers when I crossed the threshold of this quaint little Torquay B&B. No comedy of errors here - just seriously spotless rooms, nice crisp sheets, soft fluffy towels, good shower pressure, strong wifi signal and a hearty breakfast selection - all served up by two very friendly, capable and helpful hosts, John and Lynda, the King and Queen of Fawltless Towers. A good find and great value all round.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo