“Lovely friendly, well presented guest house.”

The Sandpiper Guest House
Ranked #22 of 150 Torquay B&B and Inns
Wimborne Minster, United Kingdom
“Lovely friendly, well presented guest house.”
Reviewed March 15, 2014

I stayed one night in room 8 which was a double, beautifully furnished and finished, with a nice en-suite with good shower. The room and bed were very comfortable and quiet. The welcome on arrival was very friendly and the advice clear and informative. The following morning I had a full English breakfast which was of a very high standard with locally sourced produce. The dining room was well finished and laid out.

I would highly recommend this establishment and will stay there again should I need to travel to Torquay. A*

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank jonathanl64

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Eastbourne, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 17, 2014

Lovely Room, en-suite facilities like new, clean and comfortable bed, beautifully decorated, Russell and Helen are very friendly & welcoming, free internet with excellent signal everywhere, 5 star Breakfast freshly cooked with quality/local products. Exceptional value for money. I was on business, as a single female arriving late I felt safe, parking excellent and easy to find, I would Highly recommend this Guest House for all age groups, short or long stay!!

Room Tip: I have stayed in hundreds of Hotels over the years, best night sleep I have every had!!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank Pina M
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 16, 2014

Nice Rooms, ensuite facilities like new, comfortable bed, whole place nicely decorated, hosts friendly & welcoming, free internet with good signal everywhere, 5star Breakfast freshly cooked with quality/local products. Exceptional value for money. Highly recommended.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Newquay, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

Upon arriving on New Years Day after a long night working at an event close by we was made to feel very welcome right from the start. (And to be honest that was more enough considering the "very merry" state a couple of my friends was in due to New Years Eve celebrations! An early check in was arranged for us and that was also a life saver. Now embarrassingly my said friends went off to enjoy the in house Bar Facilities (and did a little to much) as I heard that one of them fell if their bar stool (may I add the Bar is very cosy) also mixed with the fact that keys was left locked in rooms on more than one occasion throughout Russell remained very polite, patient and helpful... Which if I'm honest is more than I would have been! Russell was very helpful with info regarding where to eat and such around Torquay. Finally the Full English just before we left was also a treat - great produce, delicious breakfast and a great continental spread laid on also. The whole place is very clean, welcoming and warm with all the facilities you would need for a comfortable stay. I honestly cannot say enough about this place and would deff want to return upon my next visit to Torquay, maybe next time for some site seeing with my little girl.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 3, 2013

The accommodation was excellent and the room spotless. The cooked breakfasts on both days were first class. Although the bed was a double (we are used to a king size) the sheets and decor were lovely. The owners were very welcoming and friendly and we would be happy to return again in the future.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DannyT2003
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 22, 2013

A Warm friendly welcoming guesthouse close to beach. We were given a family room for me my husband our baby and our dog, we had one double bed two singles and a travel cot. Plenty of room for us all. Breakfast was very nice and we were attended to quickly. Would defiantly recommend to stay here . Thank you for a lovely stay.

• Stayed September 2013
west midlands
Reviewed October 18, 2013

Booked a last minuite one night stay at the Sandpiper,we arrived early as we had to meet relatives Russel signed us in promptly and allowed us on our way to enjoy the lovely Torquay..
We were in room 1 ,this is on the ground floor and was wheel chair friendly the room was
spotless and well decorated with an immaculate en suite.the.bed was also very comfortable..
Breakfast next day was an excellent full English with toast and buckets of coffee, a wide range of cerial,juices etc was also available all this served up by Russels wife Helen..
we didn,t get chance to check out the Bar this time,but will return here again thanks.....

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family