All reviewsgrand uksea viewchristmas decorationscoach holidayexcellent value for moneypleasant staysea fronttea and coffeetown centrecannot faultwarm welcomelovely roomweekend breakyogurtbrianbalconybay
Reviewed March 23, 2009

The Hotel was ideally situated for us, sightseeing around the Torquay - Torbay area on the Saturday and headed over to Dartmouth and Dartmoor on the Sunday. We found the Hotel clean and well run, the bar/lounge area was comfortable and the staff very polite, attentive and eager to please. It was much better than we expected. It is difficult to fault the Hotel, bedroom was immaculate, spacious, comortable, en-suite, quiet, nice balcony with furniture, tv, radio alarm, tea/coffee. Facilities included, nice swimming pool, games room with two pool tables and a skittle alley (not seen).
I had read some mixed reviews but all seemed to date from last year but it is clear once inside the Hotel it has undergone major refurbishment.
It ideally situated, just a short stroll through the garden takes you to the sea front.
There was a bar menu but ate out (pre planned) so unable to comment on evening meals. Breakfast is the one area that could do with looking at, cereal, fruit juice, tinned grapefruit, were all on offer to help yourself to. I ordered the cooked breakfast from the breakfast menu- adequate, my wife chose poached EGGS on toast as in the plural but got just one egg on a slice of toast ! It may be that had we asked they may have added an extra one. So we took advantage of the toast and tea & coffee that was served throughout the meal.
Would we go back there? Without a doubt. May try booking direct next time, it was overall - good value for money.
Pleased to be able to give the Hotel the thumbs up :-) but may regret it if you book and we can't get in because it is fully booked :-(

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
3  Thank george_fraser
Reviewed July 29, 2008

I have to agree with the review written by JudeK52. The hotel has to be the worst I have ever stayed in. It was shabby, dirty and in desperate need of renovation.
I had booked a room for 2 adults and my 2 year old daughter yet when I arrived the hotel had made no provision for the fact I had a child. The room had no cot, a window that opened upwards ( a definite safety hazard for a toddler) and was up at least 3 sets of stairs. As well as this, the room was dirty with mould growing on the bathroom carpet (!) and a broken shower.
We were then moved to a family room where the toilet didn't flush, again the shower didn't work and when we woke up the toilet had leaked all over the floor. Alongside this, the breakfast was diabolical with the orange juice being restricted to shot glasses, the cheapest produce used and bickering restaurant staff.
Altogether an awful hotel... despite this I loved Torquay and I'm planning to return but definitely not to the Richmond!

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank Amber1London