“Lovely time at Ephesus”

Ephesus Torquay
Ranked #13 of 358 Restaurants in Torquay
Cuisines: Greek, Turkish
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: **WE ARE OPEN ON BANK HOLIDAYS **At Ephesus Restaurant, we promise you a meal to delight all of your culinary senses and bring you to the very heart of Turkish & Greek cuisine. Turkish & Greek cuisine is largely the heritage of Ottoman cuisine, which can be described as a fusion and refinement of Central Asian, Middle Eastern, Mediterranean and Balkan cuisines.Turkish & Greek cuisine has in turn influenced those and other neighbouring cuisines, including those of Western Europe. The Ottomans fused various culinary traditions of their realm with influences from Middle Eastern cuisines, along with traditional Turkic elements from Central Asia (such as yogurt), creating a vast array of specialities-many with strong regional associations. It is this same fusing of traditional influences with our own regional expertise in delicacy that enables us to create a one of a kind eating extravaganza.
Reviewed March 30, 2014

We came to the restaurant this Saturday for the first time and my wife and I had a lovely time.The food was very nice and a good price.
The staff were friendly and very welcoming,if your coming on a Saturday I would book as it got very busy.We will be back again soon.

Reviewed March 28, 2014

Food was gorgeous and so tasty, very clean, and staff were excellent. Taking my mum for mothers day :)

Reviewed March 27, 2014

We visited last weekend as the Ephesus was highly recommended and we were not disappointed.The restaurant was fully booked, but it was noticeable that the tables had not been tightly packed together, which sometimes happens. There was a good atmosphere, but we could talk without raising our voices.

The service was rapid and always with a smile and a cheery few words, our hot mezze was delicious and could have taken the place of a meal, but we were determined to plough on!!!! I had a large portion of klefticos which was soft and fell off the bone, the others had substantial kebabs which were all enjoyed. We were rather disappointed that the baklava was not available, but were assured that we could have it on our next visit.

After we had eaten the dessert course we had mint tea, it is worth mentioning that the tea is served unsweetened, with the sugar served separately-I don't have a sweet tooth.

As I live a long way from Torquay, I will have to wait until my return to the area before visiting again, but other family members will visit again for the umpteenth time.

Reviewed March 26, 2014

This was our first visit to Ephesus, on entering we were welcomed by the proprietor and shown to our table. The restaurant is decorated with the Turkish tradition in mind, which I love.
We ordered meze to start, followed by chicken dishes. The food was very well presented and tasted delicious.
Certainly will be eating there again.

Reviewed March 25, 2014

We went to Ephesus last night ,atmosphere ,food , customer service and the restaurant was EXCELLENT ,definitely go again and highly recommend this restaurant. Torquay need it some thing different. Well done Ephesus .Thank you

1  Thank TC Murat V