“mr mccullough”

Babbacombe Model Village
Ranked #1 of 63 things to do in Torquay
More attraction details
Owner description: Babbacombe Model Village is Torquay's most popular and visited attraction. Representing British life and culture over the last five decades all in miniature. Animated scenes, along with touches of very English humour bring it all to life. Taking you on a fun, informative and nostalgic trip through the 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s to present day, it has appeal for all ages. Famous for its lovely setting in 4 acres of award-winning gardens that are a delight to experience all year round.
Belfast
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“mr mccullough”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013

Makes you feel like a big kid again, most enjoyable and so much to see in the model village. I would highly recommend a visit to this attraction,as it had many of torquays real life in the model village. One was cockington which was so life like it was surreal,it was a truely memorable visit to this attraction. And if anyone is in torquay then this is a must see for all the family. And good value for the enterance fee.

Visited February 2013

• Korean first
  • Polish first
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Best value for money model layout”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013

I paid to come here after hearing great reviews about it, I liked everything but the trains were my favorite as Ive always been interested in trains. It quite steep in places as its in a valley & I walk with a crutch, I would 100% come here again. Many thanks for a great interesting 3 hours

Visited November 2013
Ripley, United Kingdom
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“The best model village I have been too. Lots of detailed models”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013

A nice place to visit with a family. Has nice models of shops, houses, hospital, boat, train etc. Visited during Halloween week and had good entertainment on in the evening. At the time of writing you get a free ticket to return once you have paid for one visit. We went in the day and returned at night. Nice to see it lit at night although could not see all the models at night so I feel they need to put on more lights at night. Worth visiting the 4d cinema.

Visited October 2013
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“GREAT DAY AND NIGHT OUT”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

We came for the Halloween evening and this was fantastic, loved the tour and all the creepiness :-) we had a free return pass so returned in the day brilliant as usual :-)

Bridgend, United Kingdom
45 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“a massive thank you too all the people who work here”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013

this place is truly amazing and deserve to know how much their hard work is appreciated after having a terrible experience at our accommodation in Dawlish warren this place really cheered us up we went on Monday 28th oct my little boy was just starting to recover the infectious part of chicken pox and was so excited to be coming to see all the Halloween displays and actors/actresses especially the grim reaper who was his favourite until he met the gate keeper on the spooky tours we came the same time last year and loved it but this year as my boy is 4 he was happy to do more the guy who plays the gate keeper was very good at staying in character and made my little boy feel very special whilst on the tour we also enjoyed the little show we enjoyed it here so much we came back with the free entry and had a lovely meal in the café and did it all again on Halloween which was amazing a second time although my boy was disappointed that the grim reaper was having a night off but yet again good old gate keeper made him feel special as he remembered him from the Monday night my 10month old daughter also loved the spooky characters much to my amazement she was waving and blowing them kisses and they all came and made time to talk to her. there was also a display of birds of prey there on Halloween which was good if we stay in devon next year we will definitely be back for the model village Halloween and a ploughmans lunch delicious a job well done

Visited October 2013