Yardley Manor Hotel
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
$85
PremierInn.com
All reviewsgriffin barsea viewhotel barwould stay againfriendly hoteltown centrefeel so welcomefull englishfruit juicebreakfast was amazinggood nights sleepgreat weekendcomfy bedvisit torquaycooked breakfastsea frontjackie
Reviewed March 7, 2013

Booked what we thought was a 3* hotel but turned out to be the worst type of B&B ever! No-one at reception and had to ring a bell for service. Only saving grace of the room was the huge bed. None of the windows would actually lock and outside one window was scaffolding and paint (paint fumes did penetrate into the room during the night) and the other window had a lovely crack in it. Bathroom was absolutely freezing. Toilet seat was not secure and you had to be careful sitting down. No bath mat on the floor so you stood on a cold floor getting out of the shower. No room service, no restaurant. Breakfast was appalling! No green tea available. Tinned tomatoes instead of fresh and the plate was swimming in liquid from tomatoes. Sausage was not cooked properly. Cereal was from tupperware container. No yoghurts and coffee tasted like dishwater. If I could give this "hotel" a zero rating I would. Will never go back there again and would not recommend to anyone. BAD, BAD, BAD!!!!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Marina8933
Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

Myself and my partner were booked into the Yardley Manor over the weekend just gone. I have to be honest I was a little worried after booking and reading some of the past reviews. All I can say is I'll never take negative reviews too seriously again! Hotel was great! Staff were very friendly and helpful. Hotel was very clean and tidy. Breakfast was lovely, nicely cooked and it's appearence was appetising. Room was a compact double with en-suit, even though it was "compact" it was a nicely sized room, freshly decorated with clean bedding and clean facilties. Shower was powerful and water was hot even when other rooms were using theirs. TV and freeview available in the room with great reception. There was also an iron and ironing board in the wardrobe for use. Kettle also available and stocks of tea, coffee and milk etc were replenished daily. The location was brilliant, probably roughly a 5 minute walk to the harbour and main town. Will definitely be booking to stay here again next time we visit Torquay. This hotel topped off a lovely weekend!

• Stayed: February 2013
steve076388, Owner at Yardley Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2013

Thank you for your kind remarks and we hope to see you again soon

Jackie, Steve and family

Reviewed February 24, 2013

Perfect location this hotel was by far the best we have stayed at in Torquay. Moments walk from the beach, the town centre, our room had a lovely sea view of the bay and the surroundings. The breakfast was a hearty one with everything you could possibly want! This set us up for the days during our stay in February with the cool winter breezes! The family were truly excellent hosts and like an extended family making you feel at home! During our stay on the last night there was a stag party staying and we didn't even hear a peep out of them! The bar regulars and locals are friendly and make you feel at ease. The Yardley has its very own pub with a pool table gaming machines widescreens showing the rugby and football. Resident DJ Steve has a great archive of music and there is even a full setup of bass guitar and drum kit if you fancy a jamming session. As it was my birthday weekend celebration, our hosts surprised us and invited us as guests to their exclusive member only casino for a lovely evening. Definitely recommend this place, I can't wait to return in the summer to enjoy a Yardley garden BBQ and pool party! Take my word for it and don't hesitate to book your break now with the Yardley Manor Hotel, you won't be disappointed!

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Timmbo

Thank you for your review and your kind comments, hope to see you again soon

Regards

Jacs, Steve & Family

Reviewed February 24, 2013

This is by far the most friendly place I have stayed. I arrived a little earlier than the rest of the stag group and a little early to check in so Steve the hotel manager took me down to the bar and bought me a drink he was very accomadating and we watched the rugby while I waited. The whole family were friendly throughout. Breakfast was very nice but I do have to apologise to them for not eating it as I was feeling a little delicate ;) thank you all for a great stay.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 4, 2013

I came on the 30th dec 2012 and stayed until the 1st jan 2013. It was the perfect way to see in the new year, the room was so clean and the owners were very friendly and very helpful,I stayed at the hotel on New Year's Eve as the owner told me they were having a party and I'm so glad I did as they did a buffet and it was very nice and the music was really good. I woke in the morning to go down for breakfast and that was also very nice, very well presented. I would fully recommend this hotel. Thank you for a lovely stay.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
steve076388, Manager at Yardley Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2013

Thank you for the review Tanya, hope to see you again in the future