The Richwood
$85
$402
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
All reviewslebanese cuisinecooked breakfastgames roomwarm welcometwo nightsset us up for the daytea and coffeeten minute walkbed was very comfortablestayed longershort staytorquay harbourfeel very welcomegreat hostsfamily roomcouldn't do enoughvisiting torquay
Reviewed May 3, 2013

First time in Torquay and couldn't believe that we chose a gem of a place to stay.It was well placed to walk to the football ground and town centre. The staff are extremely friendly and you are made to feel at home. Excellent accommodation and the breakfast is not to be missed.
Would definitely recommend.

Room Tip: Go for a room overlooking the swimming pool.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
richwoodtorquay, Owner at The Richwood, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2013

Thanks for your words and that you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

We stayed on 27 April 2013 and came from bristol. Excellent hotel and staff made sure we felt welcome. Kevin the bar is a really good laugh. Lots of parking on the forecourt and excellent rooms and breakfast. We brought our dog with us as hotel is dog friendly. Would recommend hotel and will visit again.

• Stayed: April 2013
2  Thank davidkolman

Glad you enjoyed your time with us and look forward to the next time!

Reviewed April 28, 2013

The Richwood is all of the above. My husband and I have just returned from a 2 night stay with a KGB voucher deal and couldn't have been happier with the service and treatment we received. I wasn't very well and the kindness I was shown by Veronica, Saida and Kevin, was second to none. My hubby has a big appetite and when we asked if he could have an extra large breakfast, this was sorted out immediately. The food was delicious and freshly cooked. Breakfast had two sitting which was great for everyone whether you are an early bird or like to sleep late. Our room was small but perfectly formed and as I ended up spending more time in there than I had planned, I was pleased that it was so comfortable. We would definitely return and would recommend The Richwood to all our family and friends.

1  Thank Penandsi

It was a pleasure meeting you; we were so sorry you were not well and I am glad you still enjoyed your stay. Come back again!

Reviewed April 25, 2013

just spent two nights at the richwood ,with a KGB voucher deal and what a lovely experience. we arrived to a warm and friendly welcome from Veronica Kevin the barman showed us to our room ,which even though it was rather small,( of this we were prewarned and offered an upgrade to a bigger room for a small cost if we so wished by Veronica when making the booking)it was perfect for our 2 night stay, a very clean comfortable cosy room with a nice spotlessly clean ensuite. tea/coffee making facilities and nice biccies if you wanted, hairdryer in room and free wi-fi!!! ,flat screen tv/dvdplayer it was really everything you need for a stay away pre order breakfast the night before and its cooked fresh to you chosen time in the morning and what a lovely tasty breakfast we had , kevin entertained us from the time we arrived ,nice bar there with very reasonable prices ,would definately go there again and would'nt hesitate to recommend it to friends .the pool and outside area looked nice but obviously due the time of year weather ..etc it was 'nt in use ,but I image its lovely in the summer months . would be happy to vist again and even at the full room cost I still think this hotel would provide excellent value ....well done to you all

1  Thank busybusybee123
richwoodtorquay, Owner at The Richwood, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2013

It was a a pleasure having you here and we all look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed April 15, 2013

After working every weekend for 6 months my wife and I had to get away for a weekend. I wasn't sure when my wife booked us in at the Richwood due to the budget price. But I'm glad she did.
Very friendly staff, delicious cooked breakfast, excellent bed, very comfortable and well appointed room. The staff could not be any nicer.
But all too soon we had to drive back to 'Turk Town'.
If you are looking for a great value place to stay in the Torquay area, look no further.
I certainly won't bother looking anywhere else if I find myself in the area again.

Room Tip: Ask for room 14 if it's available.
1  Thank simon m
richwoodtorquay, Owner at The Richwood, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2013

Thank you for the glowing review! We would be very happy to greet you here again!