“Overnight stop”

Ranked #16 of 87 Hotels in Torquay
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Overnight stop”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Stayed at The Cimon 3rd April at short notice. First place I could find where I could park easily and ask about availability. Could not have chosen better if I had spent ages googling!! I was given best room available and made to feel very welcome. Being new to the area I asked for recommendations eating out and was not disappointed with the Italian I went to. Nothing was too much trouble for Adam and Anita. Ended up having drinks at their bar after playing pool with other residents who happened to be regulars. (It's easy to see why they keep coming back) I have stayed at some very nice hotels and always look forward to my full English. This was the best I have had for a very long time. If I have to stay in Torquay again I will look no further.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Adam B, Owner at The Cimon, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Thanks Bryan, I hope you come again but on a leisure trip rather than business!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Basildon, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Just got back from a few days in Torquay. Although it was a very cold break,we could not fault 'The Cimon'. Excellent room with a sea view, great breakfast kept us filled all day.Adam and Anita can not do enough to help you enjoy your stay.It was great to have a bar in the Hotel ,you did not have to venture out for a drink and it made a very enjoyable evening . Looking forward to booking an return visit. see you in september.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Adam B, Owner at The Cimon, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Thanks for the nice comments, see you in September hopefully! That gives me 5 months to practise the towel origami you showed us!
Benfleet, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Me and my wife decided to have a last minute break in January. We booked a standard room at the Cimon. Upon arrival we was pleased to discover a decent size car park, Adam gave us a friendly welcome and showed us to our room, which was very clean. Was impressed with the well stocked bar, just be careful Thatcher Gold on tap can lead to a sore head the following morning, probably the amount i consumed. The breakfast is excellent Anita's cooking is impressive and you are not left hungry. The Cimon is in a great position 5min walk to the seafront and the same to the high street. Will have to book again in the warmer weather as there is a swimming pool with a nice decking area. If you are looking for a getaway then we can recommend here, we will be returning.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Adam B, Owner at The Cimon, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Thanks for the nice review! We're opening up the pool at the end of April, hope to see you when the weather warms up - the Thatcher's goes down even better on a sunny day!
Chesham
Reviewed March 20, 2013

Decided to take a well earned break from the usual reoutine so checked trip advisor and decided on the Cimon. Adam and Anita were very welcoming and gave me some creative ideas on what could be done. The weather was a bonus
Was give a choice of the rooms available and decided on Room 18 as it had recently been tastfully redecorated. All rooms seemed to be very clean and had nice toiletaries . The breakfast was delightful, food freshly prepared and plenty of it to set us up for the day.

Room Tip: Ask Adam or Anita and they will give honest advice. You pays your money as they say and take your ch...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Myself and my partner wanted to have a night off from the norm so we booked this place. First impretions was good, Its a very nice and warm place, when we got there we was shown to our double room, the room was very small, dont get me wrong it had everything you need in a room but you would have to shuffle the get round the bed. The bathroom was a good size and had a very hot and powerfull shower. In the hotel there is a bar with free pool table dart board and tv. The landlord was the barman that night and we ended up chatting to him for a while, he was more that happy to tell us about the area and the best places to eat ect.. In the morning we went down for breakfast, the full english was perfect. The view from the hotel is stunning, over looking the sea. I would go back there in the summer to make full use of the hotel swiming pool, it was a bit nippy in feb so it was out of bounds.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Allen86
Adam B, Owner at The Cimon, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Thanks for the review. The compact rooms are a little small, we make that clear on the decription, most people are happy with them if they use the room for is sleeping - otherwise there are plenty of bigger rooms available too.

We're opening up the pool at the end of April, I hope to see you again when the sun is out! Book direct for the best deal of course!
London, UK
Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

Had a lovely stay at the Cimon over New Year. We had a sea view room which was lovely especially when the sun was out! Good location giving easy access to seafront and local high street. Ample parking which sometimes lacks in seaside towns. Lovely family run hotel and Anita cooks the best breakfasts, luckily we weren't staying longer else I'd have come back with a little extra weight than I went with. Will be going back in the Summer to try out the lovely pool! Thanks for a great stay Anita and Adam.

• Stayed December 2012
St.Albans
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Torquay is a favourite destination of mine and I have been going there regularly for many years. The Cimon was such a discovery.
I took one of the special offers and went open minded. On arrival I was pleasantly surprised; greeted by a very friendly young couple who showed me round and made me feel at home straight away. The sun was shining and I took a cup of coffee on the cosy patio, glad that I have escaped from the cold overcast Hertfordshire.
What a treat - a beautiful sea view room, a superbly cooked full English breakfast served in a bright sunlit room, a bar that does hot and cold drinks all day, friendly people when you want some local information or just a chat, and also quiet spots where you could sit with a book or an ipad.
The location is great. Perched on a hill - to capture the last rays of sunshine in the day and the sea views, and yet a few minutes walk to the beach on one side, and a few minutes walk to the shops on the other side. It's also convenient for outings and driving to any destination with the comforting knowledge that there is always space in the hotel car park upon return.
I had a thoroughly enjoyable stay!
On the down side, it was not long enough.
I am already planning my next visit in late April / early May, when I'll be able to try the heated swimming pool.
Looking forward to my next visit!

Room Tip: Rooms with a sea view are the best!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Adam B, Owner at The Cimon, responded to this review, March 24, 2013
Thanks for the nice review! We say the pool is open from 1st May, but it might be ready a week or so earlier. Best to check ahead if you're hoping to come for a swim in April!