“A Delight”

Green Leaf Cafe Torquay
Ranked #6 of 357 Restaurants in Torquay
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: We are an independent, local, family run cafe offering breakfast and light lunches. Our varied breakfast menu is served from 10:00 - 11:30 and includes full English, vegetarian and homemade pancakes. Our coffee is locally roasted just around the corner and we also offer loose leaf teas and hot chocolate. Our tasty lunch menu includes healthy options, vegetarian dishes, delicious chefs specials and our famous home made burgers. (Last food orders are taken at 14.30). We have seating on ground level, first floor and also outside.
Reviewed June 4, 2014

The Green Leaf cafe is tucked away from the main thoroughfare up a side street leading to the cinema. This means the outdoor eating is more peaceful yet the main shops are close by. The interior is fresh, clean and comfortable with a nice Scandinavian feel. The staff are very welcoming and helpful and were keen to satisfy my need to avoid wheat and dairy. I had a delicious, fresh salad with nicely ripe avocado and hummus, attractively arranged. Even the cutlery was well designed with smoothly rounded handles which do not dig into ones palms. ( I hate the trendy squared off ends which hurt. ) The coffee was good and they were able to give me soya milk which did not cause the coffee to curdle. Perfect! The service was quick and efficient and all the staff seemed to care about their cafe. They have plans for a very interesting summer menu. I felt their aim was to stand out from the crowd without being inaccessible and to still suit the regulars.

Reviewed May 30, 2014

Visited here yesterday after reading the reviews on here!

I can see why it is so popular.

We had a pot of tea for two. My wife had a toasted cheese and onion sandwich (which they made especially for her despite not having a sandwich toaster) and I had a delicious (and very healthy) chicken and roasted veg salad from the specials board, drizzled with balsamic vinegar and with a sliced pitta bread arranged around the plate. We finished with a chocolate flapjack.

The food was very well presented and tasted delicious.

All this was just £12! I thought they'd made a mistake (so left a hefty tip).

The cafe itself has been renovated from the unappealing greasy spoon it was before. It is now light, airy and very clean.

The service from the staff was excellent too. A very friendly welcome.

In summary, excellent food and value for money in a lovely setting. What more could you want?

Reviewed May 29, 2014

I found this lovely little cafe tucked away off a little side street opposite Primark. I was pleasantly surprised how nice and cosy it is, the food was absolutely beautiful and the staff was very friendly and welcoming. I can't wait to come back!! It makes a change from eating frozen ready meals for tourists in most other cafés around the area.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

nice to have a place that cooks fresh food to order..lovely menu and good service..inside and outside seating ...yummy chips

Reviewed May 27, 2014 via mobile

We stumbled across Green Leaf Cafe when looking for a reasonably priced non-chain cafe for lunch in Torquay. I'm very glad to have stopped here!

The food was reasonably priced, good quality and very yummy! I'd recommend taking a look at the specials board. My choice was a Moroccan spiced lamb burger with quinoa salad and hummus. We even had room for a cupcake (the carrot cake cupcake was fab) and hot chocolate (which was extremely chocolatey).

The people who run the cafe are also very friendly.

We hope to go again next time we visit Torquay.