“REALLY GOOD HOTEL IN STUNNING LOCATION”
Review of The Headland Hotel

The Headland Hotel
Ranked #12 of 86 Hotels in Torquay
Reviewed August 5, 2013

We stayed at the hotel a couple of weeks ago and can honestly say that this is an excellent hotel with stunning views from the Executive Rooms. The hotel is very clean/tidy and the food excellent. Our allocated waiter, Patryk, was very attentive and helped to make the stay, albeit cut short on the 3rd day, very pleasant. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Choose an Executive Room, the views are worth the extra cost!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Richard G
Toby D, General Manager at The Headland Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2013

Good morning. Thank you for taking the time to leave your heart warming comments. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us.
I will pass your comments on to Patryk who I know will be absolutely delighted. We are very proud of all of our team and I am glad you experienced good service throughout your stay.
Thank you for your recommendation and I look forward to welcoming you back to The Headland before too long.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

having had to cancel an overseas holiday because of a recent surgery my wife, daughter and I stayed here from sat 27 july until 3 august. from my initial enquiry until saying goodbye everything was handled superbly and professionally.

the hotel is in a fantastic spot, far enough out of, but still close enough to the town and marina.

after a very swift and painless check in we were allocated our room. we had a family room (189) which, despite having to open the door with a bit of shoulder, was exactly what we wanted, plenty of space and great views from both windows.

after a quick and reasonably priced pint (so i'm told by more seasoned drinkers than myself) it was time for tea, I have to say I was absolutely blown away, the quality of the food was great, this was enhanced by the service and the attention we received from our waitress for the week, Christina. This great quality and service was repeated throughout the week.

breakfast followed the same pattern as the evening meal, nice food, sensible portions and super service.

this hotel and grounds including the outdoor swimming pool are really well looked after and beautifully presented, the staff very attentive and all very smart in appearance. we only ventured through to the entertainment on one night to watch the two old girls who were really very entertaining (sorry, can't remember their name)

on the whole it was a fantastic trip for us and if we return to torquay it will be to the headland

any complaints? - not from me

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank GazK

Good morning. Thank you for taking the time to leave your expansive review of our hotel. I am delighted that you had such an enjoyable experience after you had to cancel your holiday abroad.
I am most pleased that you found the room to be everything you expected with lots of space and great sea views.
It is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your dining experience in our restaurant so much, and in particular our six course evening meal. All our food is homemade and locally sourced where possible and each dish is constructed by our team of our professional chefs.
I am also delighted that you experienced a high standard of service from Cristina and will pass on your kind words to her. I know that she takes a great interest in trip advisor feedback and will be delighted to know you enjoyed her service.
I am glad that you found the hotel to be beautifully presented and well maintained, we take a great amount of pride in ensuring the hotel is kept to the highest standards possible.
I hope you will return before too long and look forward to welcoming you back to The Headland.

Reviewed July 26, 2013

We have just returned from our third stay at this hotel. With its commanding position looking across the bay to Brixham,this is an extremely comfortable place to stay. Six course evening meals with a wide choice and generous portions,served in the splendid restaurant,are followed by nightly entertainment. Breakfast also offers a good choice. The Restaurant staff serve to the table in a friendly and efficient way,this service is mirrored throughout the hotel. Although situated just on the edge of Torquay,up a fair incline, the Town is reached in about fifteen minutes walking time via the road or the coastal path option; there is a hotel supplied transport aid in the morning with a return late pm. Altogether amazing value for money.We shall return!

Room Tip: Sea view possibly over the terrace area
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Brian P
Reviewed July 26, 2013

My wife and I recently travelled to Torquay for a family birthday party and a week with the family of our youngest daughters in laws , who had never been to England before. Our stay was the second week of June this year , and the weather was in the 30,s every day.
Some may think it strange that I should mention the weather , but let me explain. We all love the
sun or so we say , but as the temperature rises the more we seem to become pickey,niggled and
in some cases very rude indeed.
So when I tell you that I never once heard a single a complaint from a guest , or from a member of staff the whole week we were there , you can appreciate the level of service and professionalism that the staff were affording the guests , it was amongst the very best that I have seen anywhere .

Hotel wise , the room was a little on the small side but was very well appointed with an excellent level of comfort and cleanliness . The view from the window was looking to the east over the hills at the back and toward a small town, not a sea view perhaps , but a beautiful one never the less.

Our stay was booked as half board so that we were able to choose whether we wanted to eat there or in town a few nights. Well I can tell you now , the food is worth the trip back to the hotel from wherever you may be, not only is it excellent quality , but with all the choices , and so many courses, you are left wondering how they do it for so little money. We were both extremely impressed with the breakfast and dinner menu's . The staff in the restaurant we very professional. But more friendly and smiley than just there to do a job, they made us feel as though we were old friends, and that is the hardest skill of all.

So all in all an excellent stay at the headland hotel with a beautiful lounge area, lovely dining room, excellent staff and prices that are amongst the best in town. And Torquay ain;t bad either. we stayed in room 184.

Room Tip: A little difficult to park so use the free transport provided by the hotel if u can. A new coach and...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Good afternoon. I am delighted that you had such a lovely experience at our hotel, especially with your young daughter in law’s for their first ever experience of an English holiday.
I completely agree with you about peoples temperament changing in high temperatures and I am delighted that this was not the case during your stay. Our staff endeavour to maintain the highest levels of professionalism and standards of service at all times to ensure our guests have an enjoyable experience. I have passed on your comments and they feel especially proud to know that you feel their service eclipsed that of all the hotels you have stayed in.
Due to the age and nature of the building some of our rooms are bigger than others, but I am glad that you found the levels of comfort and cleanliness to be excellent. We are always striving to exceed expectations.
I am absolutely thrilled that you enjoyed your dining experience so much and that you found the food to be of excellent quality. Our head chef Zibi and his team take so much pride in creating every single dish. I will pass on your praise to them and I am sure they will all be delighted.
I do hope you will return and I look forward to welcoming you back to The Headland before too long.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

Lovely hotel, friendly staff situated on the hill side over looking Torquay. The view from our window was the sea and pool and it was stunning. Like being abroad on a sunny day.
It is a 10 min down hill walk to the harbour and taxi return recommended which is cheap and at certain times a free ride is offered.

Room Tip: ask for sea /pool view
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank sarah065
Toby D, Manager at The Headland Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2013

Good afternoon, thank you for taking the trouble to leave your kind words. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us.
I am glad that you enjoyed the sea views over Torbay and the pool area, our location on the Headland afford us stunning views and I am glad u enjoyed waking up to them everyday.
Our complimentary taxi service into town and back again is always popular, and I am pleased you were able to make use of this during your stay.
I will pass your kind comments on to all of our staff who I’m sure will also be delighted you had a lovely time. I look forward to welcoming you back to The Headland Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed July 3, 2013

Just got back from the Headland Hotel after our 5th stay. We stayed in a club room with excellent views could not get any better. The staff are very helpful and friendly. The only problem was in the dining room the service was very slow were it took 11/2 -2 hours for the evening meal. We have never had this problem before. But we will be going back again.

Room Tip: Sea view room
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jean S
Toby D, General Manager at The Headland Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

Thank you Jean for taking the time and trouble to submit a review. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and will be returning. I am sorry if you felt the service in the restaurant was slow. We are happy to adjust the pace of service, but certainly try not to rush anyone through the meal, as we hope it will be one of the highlights of each day with us. I do not know how many of the six courses you had, but can understand that if you have missed some out, then the time you mentioned may have seemed a little lengthy. Our Restaurant Manager would be pleased to ensure the pace of service is right for you next time.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

We have just got back from another brilliant stay at The Headland Hotel. This time we stayed for a week and enjoyed every moment. The Hotel is in a beautiful position overlooking the bay. Both rooms we had were excellent particularly my club single with amazing views! The food is 6 courses and first class, exceptional value. Rooms were cleaned to a very high standard and immaculate each day during our stay. Staff are very helpful and our waitress, Christina, was brilliant. Overall The Headland Hotel is defintly 5 star in our book and we hope to be back again in October

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank jcroo65510

Thank you for another very positive review, and I am delighted you found all aspects to be so good. I am particularly pleased to hear your comments on our staff, and I have passed on your compliments to Christina. We all look forward to your return in October.