“super little place”

Torre Abbey Tea-Room
Ranked #4 of 23 Coffee & Tea in Torquay
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Situated at the front of Torre Abbey the tea-room is open daily . You don't need to be a visitor to the Abbey to enjoy the beautiful surroundings and sea views!
London, England, United Kingdom
“super little place”
Reviewed January 1, 2014

Lovely place for tea and great cakes, friendly service! Stayed open after hours just for us, children made very welcome.

Visited December 2013

Paignton, United Kingdom
“Scrumptious Cream Tea”
Reviewed November 27, 2013

Husband and I were given a gift token for Torre Abbey which included a cup of tea before our tour of the Abbey, followed by cream tea afterwards.

This wasn't our first visit to Torre Abbey - we had visited last August shortly after the building had re-opened following Stage 2 of the 3-Stage regeneration programme. As then, we thoroughly enjoyed our visit. We were first invited to enjoy a cup of tea each before we toured the building and, after we had browsed through the many rooms with their various collections, made our way to the tea room once again, an attractive space with views of Torre Abbey Meadow with the sea beyond, a lovely place to have a light meal, morning coffee or afternoon tea, whether or not you are visiting the actual Abbey. It is waitress service and when our waitress brought our cream tea (two fruit scones each, warm from the oven, with a pot of clotted cream and a pot of strawberry jam) she said that we only need call her should we need more jam and cream (I doubted that as the portions were already generous.) We had a choice of tea or coffee and opted for coffee.

I would certainly recommend a visit not only to Torre Abbey, which is a treasure house of so many beautiful, interesting and historic things, but also to the tea room where we enjoyed this very pleasant cream tea.

Bideford, United Kingdom
“Highly recommended”
Reviewed November 22, 2013

1st class service, food fab, if you have not been I would highly recommend it, decor through to the service, through to the food - all perfect!!!

Torquay, United Kingdom
“fantastic party venue”
Reviewed November 10, 2013

Having visited the tearooms for lunch I decided to book it for my 50th birthday. Michelle and her wonderful staff worked so hard to make the evening perfect, yes perfect I couldn't have asked for more, Fantastic rustic buffet of hot beef and roast potatoes, generous portions for my guests. Great marquee outside with extra seating and beautiful lighting not to mention the fantastic sea view!
So many compliments from my friends that I have
now booked it again for my works xmas party.
You must visit, first class food, first class service.

1 Thank shirleyann l
Chester, United Kingdom
“visit to torre abby tea-room”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

lovelly to sit outside on a sunny day. but still nice to sit inside the tea rooms staff great lovelly and peaceful

Visited September 2013