“New Owners Needed”
Review of Inglewood Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Torquay
Inglewood Hotel
Ranked #80 of 87 Hotels in Torquay
Ossett, United Kingdom
“New Owners Needed”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

This hotel is awaiting new owners and it is therefore very difficult to really review. We stayed for 3 nights. The hotel is very much in need of renovation and upgrade. It sems that very little has been spent on the upkeep of this property.
The prices reflect this lack of upkeep but the staff and food are excellent. If the new owners can retain the present staff then this could be an outstanding hotel.
A large amount of investment is required and obviously the prices will increase but with its position, staff and culinary standards it could become an oustanding hotel.
For the present the rating has to be poor.

Room Tip: Wait for the renovations
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
5 Thank Thomas44_14

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 2, 2012

I decided to take an end of the summer holidays break with my wife and 2 daughters aged 5 and 3, being last minute and wanting a family room the choice was sparse to say the least, never the less I found the Inglenook online and the white painted hotel with inviting outdoor pool and gardens looked just the ticket, I rang up and booked the last remaining family room for 3 nights bed & breakfast and gave a 50% deposit over the phone with the balance due on arrival. When we arrived at the shocking pink hotel there was a film crew filming furniture being loaded into a removal van. Fortunately we were unable to pay the remainder of our booking due to this. We went to our room and were very disappointed, there were stains all over the bathroom, the bedroom hadn't had a lick of paint since the 70's, 2 holes in the bathroom walls, as there were 4 of us staying you would expect 4 tea cups, there were 3 but 4 saucers, I didn't measure the tv but I would guess it was probably about a 12inch screen, As we were only planning to be sleeping there we decided to just make the best of things. We went out for the afternoon and arrived back early in the evening. I tried to close the bedroom window as we were near to the main road and didn't want the noise to disturb the children, the handle of the window wouldn't turn as it was locked. I went to reception to ask for a window key only to be told that I should be able to close it without a key, I eventually got a key, the window still wouldn't close properly. Reception sent up the housekeeper, she told me they were always having problems with the window, she then stood on the windowsill and proceeded to battle with the window (Mrs Doyle from Father Ted style) all to no avail, I pointed out that this and all of the other issues were unacceptable and I would like to be moved, she went down to reception and came back to inform us there were no other rooms available but were willing to compensate us with free meals for the remainder of our stay which we duely accepted. The meals were nice and the waiting staff were very efficient and very good with the children, the 45 minute window to eat a course meal was however to short. It is very clear that the owner of this hotel is more than willing to let out substandard rooms and compensate any guests who complain, all of the profits are then used to keep the famous Grovesner Hotel well maintained. Despite all of our complaints we did have a good break as the location of the hotel is excellent and the events and attractions which are nearby are very good indeed. This hotel has the potential to be very good but the owners need to invest in the rooms and the facilities and bring it up to date, FOR GODS SAKE SPEND SOME MONEY ON IT!

Room Tip: Do not stay in room 40
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
6 Thank Chris H

Travelers are raving about these Torquay hotels

Abertillery, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Myself and 6 other family members (my partner, 7month son, mother, father, brother, brother's partner and aunty) stayed at this hotel in July for 3nights, i would say this hotel is ideal for oap's and needs to be updated. The good thing about this hotel was that the hotel staff was great to us, room's was cleaned everyday, the food was ok but could of had more on our plates, the entertainment was poorly due to no one staying in the hotel to listen to the artist's sing. They closed the swimming pool in the inglewood because they opened the one in the grosvenor (the indoor swimming pool in the grosvenor was geat!) We are returning back next year in March but staying in paignton staying in the Queens Hotel we cannot wait :D

Room Tip: Ground floor room by the dining room was really quiet
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Lyndsey0403
Reviewed August 2, 2012

I stayed in the inglewood and found gray hairs in my bed and all over the floor myself and my partner are dark so it was very unlikely to be our hair also there where tea stains all on the walls and dust and a boggie on the headboard

• Stayed August 2012
6 Thank couple2rome
Swansea, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 26, 2012

where do i start. coach trips so much value. work out what it would cost you to do the whole package yourself then criticise over what i see as good value for money. if you want 5* then pay accordingly.

Room Tip: think what you paid
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank 900jeff1957
Swindon, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 6, 2012

Went on coach holiday with GB Tours. Do not rely on photos, hotel badly needs refurbishment. Stayed in room 23, bed was sooooo hard, the room was small but for 3 nights it was OK, just that bed. I complained next day & mattress was then padded out with blankets etc. Bed was then OK not comfortable but OK.
Now for the pluses. Food was very good, not top restaurant quality but hot, well cooked & efficiently served.
All the staff were pleasant & efficient.
Entertainment each night was very enjoyable. We were pleased there was no bingo, I hate it.

Room Tip: If disabled ensure lift takes you to your room, no access to room 23 by lift.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank aylkea
West Bromwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 5, 2012

I went on a coach holiday with GBtours ,I didnot like the room I was given and decided to move to their sister hotel the Grosvenor as the Inglewood was fully booked, Sue on the desk sorted this out for me and she was excellent deserves 11 out of 10 for her assistance, the food in the Inglewood was excellent could not fault it and would return to a better room

Room Tip: would not advise number 10 because of location and size even for a single
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends