“I love it here!”

Ranked #26 of 353 Restaurants in Torquay
Cuisines: Pizza, Steakhouse, Bar, Cafe
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Rock Garden only opened a couple of years ago but has quickly become the place to be. This is due in part to our delicious food of either freshly made pizzas cooked in our wood burning stone oven (The only one in the area) or our legendary burgers & juicy steaks. However we have much more then just that though ranging from salads to sandwiches, soups & stews as well as Fajitas & Fish! We also have a separate Vegan, Vegetarian & Gluten free menu. As expected all our food is freshly made, locally sourced & prepared on the premises. The other reason behind Rock Gardens success is the largest outdoor space in Torquay town. The garden has to be seen to be believed, during the summer you can soak up the sun while enjoying our food, jugs of Pimms or even our amazing cocktails. In the evening the Rock Garden really comes into its own having recently built an amazing stage to showcase our fantastic live music which we have every night of the week! Acts cover music from Ed Sheeran & Bruno Mars to Motown and The Beatles as well as acoustic versions of famous pop songs! For more information check out our Facebook page, website, call or pop in.
Reviewed October 10, 2013

It looks like many of these reviews were written just after the place opened, and ALL places have teething problems to start with. However, I am a local and often head down to this bar as part of my night out or for a decently priced yummy lunch.
I love it here, the place is nicely decorated with plenty of seating and a cracking menu. I love the pizzas, and they have recently added some cool hot-rock steaks similar to those found at Cattlemans in Paignton. The cocktails are delicious, especially the one made with coffee - can't remember the name, but I hate coffee and actually love that cocktail! The staff at first were a little inexperienced but they are really friendly and know their way around now.
The main asset is the amazing urban beer garden at the side of the pub - loads of seating, a real sun trap, and a quiet place to relax with friends.
I love the Rock Garden and always have a great time there, day or night.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

Enjoys the day time atmosphere..The only place were the female bouncers are bigger than the men!!!!...Doorman useless against groups of drunken men so call the local police for back up...makes the atmosphere unsettling..I would go again in daytime but not evening...

Reviewed September 2, 2013

i dont live in torquay,but live in london,both times i have been here have been great. service ok even when busy, friendly staff,a great garden lots of space,you can eat outside or just drink,the music is cool so go and have some fun,will be back.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

Great place to go for a bite to eat and in the evening when it comes alive with loads of music on. Plenty of bands and dj spinning the tunes....

Reviewed August 24, 2013

Well I've read other experiences here and all I can say is that when we went, we found the service to be OK; the food (admittedly only a Pizza) tasty and the alcohol reasonably priced. We went late morning, found a seat in the garden and enjoyed the seclusion. There were only a handful of customers (that's how we like it!) and the barman let me try the draught bitter before buying as I did not fancy gaseous lager.For a lunchtime snack and a beer this establishment ticked the right boxes; I don't think I would enjoy drinking there in the evening; maybe we will try that on another visit.