“Small, extremely friendly, good food, great smooth jazz playing.”
Review of Shandiz Restaurant - CLOSED

Shandiz Restaurant
Reviewed May 29, 2013 via mobile

Was looking for somewhere to eat on a wet day. Didn't want the large, spacious and impersonal type venue with loud music and fast food style cuisine. Found this little gem of a place near the harbour which fitted the bill. Menu had variety reasonably priced so probably something for everyone. Service was friendly, welcoming and efficient. Food arrived in reasonable time for what was ordered and good quality. But to add to the experience, the background music was ideal; smooth jazz style, not too loud so you couldn't talk and not too quiet that it didn't contribute to the overall ambience. All in all, a very good choice to eat.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

My family and I all thought that the food was great! The waitresses were very pleasant, and the young chef with the beard was very humble towards my family and I, which all contributed in returning for a second day.

A minor problem with one lady serving us, but the overall experience out weighed this inconvenience.

We will be coming back, on another visit to Torquay.

John Davies.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

Food was fantastic, bar well stocked, complimentary nuts with our drinks and staff were very hospitable! 10/10

Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

Wanted a bite for lunch on a chilly day. Hot chocolate was delicious, and all food (homemade soups, panini & chips) were nice, but nothing special. The homemade tomato soup was lovely said my son & when I tasted it I realised why he liked it..... It's the one we have at home from the tin, Heinz! Definitely not homemade. Friendly waitress & cafe area pretty clean. Toilets very clean too.

1  Thank garnerks